Chapter Four: Tricky Situations.

I shake as I lay in my bed, frightened, not having a clue on what to do with myself. There's a small lamp lit in the corner but I'm still filled with fear, crying. My breath hitches in my throat quite a few times and I feel as if I'm about to be sick.

I bring my knees up to my chest as I sit up. I gulp loudly and shout Niall's name with panic in my voice.

Niall's POV

I sit downstairs, not knowing what to do with myself. Should I go or should I stay? Am I allowed to turn the TV on or shall I stick to scrolling through my phone?

Why did Zayn beg me to do this?

When he asked me what I was doing for the night, I made nothing out of it. I thought he wanted to hang out, you know, have some 'friend-bonding-time' but then again, Zayn's Zayn and his mind is sometimes twisted.

I don't know if I should go and check up on Maja, she seemed frightened and what she said, about the fact that she couldn't trust me... she didn't even know me, why would she judge?

Nevertheless, she seems like she needs a friend. A true friend and Leoni seemed to be just that but she had to work. I have no idea what I should do.

I sit there, thinking and then I hear a shout, filled with terror and I'm worried. Following the sound, I take two steps at a time and within seconds I'm upstairs, looking at the only closed door in the corridor.

I approach the door and knock quietly, careful not to scare her because her voice already seemed so broken.

I hear sniffs at the other end of the door so I open the door.

"M-Maja?" I stutter.

"Nia-" she says but her eyes grow in terror at something I cannot see, "Niall!" She screams.

"Shh, Maja, what's wrong?" I hesitantly ask, not knowing how to approach the situation. My hands are ruffling my own hair out of stress already and I'm frightened about what's about to come.

"C-could y-you ch-check the cup-boards?" She stutters.

I'm beyond confused but head up to her drawers and open them, looking through them.

"A-and under my b-bed?"

She's scared. She's obviously scared of something. I have no idea how to help her.

"And p-please d-don't leave me." She looks me straight in the eyes and I feel like I can't disappoint her.

"I won't. I'll stay here. I promise." I murmur.

I watched as she shuffled to her feet, god she's tiny.

"I-I'm tired." She mutters as she stumbles over to the bed.

"Do you want me to go?" I ask and she shakes her head violently as she gets into her bed. I decided to sit on the floor next to the bed.

"D-d-do you think y-you could get in with m-me?" She whispers, barely inaudibly.

"Yeah, sure." I smile reassuringly as I scramble to my feet and slide in awkwardly beside her.

"C-could y-you talk to me, to make me feel s-safe?" She pleaded while wiping away her tears.

"Of course, well I'm Niall, I'm 19 and I was born in Ireland, as you can probably tell." I blush and she smiles.

"You have a nice voice, it's calming and soothing." She whispers.

"You think so?" I grin and she nods.

"I eat a lot, and I don't really work out so I'm not ripped or anything, not like Zayn." I sort of sigh and she reaches out and strokes my hand with her tiny fingers.