Chapter Three: Strangers

Another quiet night in the club was ahead of me and I could not wait to head home and soak myself up in a bubble bath. And to stop worrying about Maja, because she's at home, on her own, probably soaking her sorrows in Ben & Jerry's cookie dough ice cream and cuddled up in her bed with her favourite teddy bear that she got from me a while ago.

Looking around the club, I see no interested men, all of them chatting amongst themselves. Well, this proves that they come here for the two hours of Maja mainly.

I turn around to rearrange the bottles of alcohol, my OCD kicking in.

"Coke, please." I hear.

I smirk to myself, knowing who that might be, "Is that your punch line?" I don't turn around; instead, I grab a glass and fill it with his desired liquid.

"Not really, I just wanted to let you know your prince is here." He bit his lip jokingly.

"Pound fifty." I chuckle and place the glass in front of him.

Third night in a row, I get the two coins from him and place them where they belong.

"I tried calling you." He sips on his drink.

"Is that so?"

"Is that what you do to all of the males you meet?"

"Pretty much so." I laugh.

"Well, it worked because I'm here now."

"My plans never fail."

*

After talking with Zayn about meeting up with his friend Niall and having him introduce himself to Maja, he drops me off home and tells me that he will come to our apartment complex at around twelve in the afternoon.

The weather isn't particularly great, it's raining but the sun is fighting its way from behind the clouds and a little wind was to be felt also.

"Tea or coffee?" I ask Maja as she throws herself down on the couch, grabbing the remote and switch to The Big Bang Theory which she recorded over the past few months.

"Tea with two sugars and milk," She mutters but enough for me to hear, "Please."

I make myself and Maja tea and grab the two mugs, one with Ramones' logo and one with a picture of a turtle.

Throwing myself on to the couch, I barely get to have a sip of my drink before a few knocks emerge from our corridor, or more likely, the door.

Maja's POV

"I'll get that," Leoni states and gets up, placing her mug on to our coffee table.

I weakly nod and carry on watching Sheldon talk about things that no ordinary human would ever understand. I hear the door open and soon Leoni is back in our living room, but with two unfamiliar figures behind her.

At first, my mind thinks it's the police. That she told someone. That they were coming to do something about the situation; but nothing needed to be done. It was all my fault. I'm the one who put too much trust in certain people and now I will probably never gain that trust back.

I have a quick glance behind Leoni to notice that lad she was with at the bar that night but that's about all that comes to my mind. From seeing his tanned skin and almost black hair, I realise that she'd been speaking about him far too much for him to be just a friend but I can't focus my brain on anything therefore all the information comes in and comes flying back out.

"Maja, this is Zayn and Niall."

I take a mental note to not stare at any of them and take a large sip of my tea once again, "Great!" I reply with fake enthusiasm and turn back towards the television, "Bye!"