Chapter 25

Niall and Louis walk out of the room, saying they are going to go for a jog, inviting the rest of us if we feel like going. I shake my head, deciding to go for a horseback ride. 

I walk into the barn, saddling up Abby, a Canadian Warmblood Horse, and putting on her bridle. I climb up the saddle, seating myself on her back, taking the reins in my hand. 

Riding Abby out of the stable, I see Harry and Liam cleaning up the kitchen through the window while Louis and Niall step out of the house, waving to me before taking off down the trail. I ride Abby into the field, just galloping around until I hear something.

It was pretty far off in the woods, so it was hard to perceive, but something about it bothered me. I took off towards the sound, galloping Abby through the woods, merging onto the trail. I follow the sound, which as I get closer, sounds like someone yelling. 

My face pales as I realize this was the direction Louis and Niall went for their jog. I speed up Abby, crouching on her back so I don't hit any branches. Coming to a stop at the lake, I look around for any sight of where the noise had come from.

I hear rustling in the woods off to the left. I dismount Abby, hooking her bridle on a nearby tree, sprinting towards the sound. I stop at the sight before, placing my hand over my mouth in shock. 

There is a dead wolf on the ground by a nearby tree. He has large scratches on him, clearly having been in a recent fight. There is some blood smeared onto a different tree, a small trail of blood leading off further into the woods. I follow the blood, coming to a stop as the scene unfolds before my eyes.

Niall is laying on the ground against a tree, not moving while Louis is standing in front of him defensively, protecting him from the two rogues that are trying to find an opening to bite him, aiming towards his neck. 

Not having any time to check on Niall, I shift into my wolf, ignoring the bruises on my ribs that are still there from the previous group of rogues that attacked me. 

I spring at the closest wolf to me, sending us both tumbling to the ground. I back off, placing myself between him and Niall, seeing Louis do the same with the other rogue. I hear Niall softly groan behind me; he's clearly in a lot of pain, but I won't be able to help him until we get these rogues out of here.

"On three, we both attack. Either chase him off or kill him; it's your choice." I say, mind-linking with Louis.

I count down from three and we both spring towards the wolves, tumbling to the ground. I get a perfect shot at the rogue's neck and he falls to the ground, struggling until I twist, snapping his neck. 

Looking to Louis, I see that he didn't get as lucky. When he attacked the wolf, it had attacked as well, aiming for Louis' back left leg. It bit on, and is currently dragging Louis off to the side. 

'Not to my mate, you don't' I think to myself, sprinting towards him, my adrenaline pumping through my veins. I spring at him, biting his shoulder, causing him to let go of Louis. He kicks me towards my throat and I narrowly dodge the attempt, letting go of him. He sprints off into the woods, but I don't bother chasing him; I need to make sure Niall and Louis are okay.