Chapter 4

What Paul was saying made me think that this was their management's idea. However, seeing the way they are looking at me, the hope that I can pull this through; I just needed a signal that they actually wanted to be there. I wasn't going to let the boys be miserable.

I pull out my phone and call my Uncle Mark, praying that he answers the phone, and lucky for me, he does.

"Hey darling! How are you!" he cheers in the phone, saying excuse me to someone in the background, walking to somewhere quieter. 

"Hey Uncle Mark! My favorite great Uncle in the whole wide world!" I say cheerily into the phone, getting onto his good side. He laughs into the phone, audible from the other side to some people in the room. 

"Alright, what do you need? No need to sweeten me up; just get to the dirty bit." He says. 

"First of all, I can feel you shaking your head at me from this side of the phone, and second of all, I am running security detail for a band this summer. It's paying really well and they want to get out of the spotlight for a while. I was wondering if, and only if we could keep it clean and not tell anyone we were there, can we use the cabin? The one by the farm? I promise we will keep it clean in there and I will pay for any damages; like I said, this is going to pay very well."

He goes silent for a few minutes. I know he is highly considering my offer. He trusts me, and knows I will do good on his part, so I know he's not worried about that. It's probably the fact that he does not know who else is going to be in the cabin. 

He sighs, "Is there room for all of them? And will you vouch for them if anything goes wrong? AND if there is any trouble, will you please call it off? I don't need my favorite niece getting hurt." 

"Yes, yes, and yes! So, does that mean you're letting us use the cabin?" I ask, excitedly. 

Out of the corner of my eyes, I see the boys perk up at the question. 

Uncle Mark sighs audibly on the other end of the line. 

"I guess, but if there is any trouble, call me!" he adds quickly, not letting me react until he finished talking. 

"Thank you so, so much Uncle!" I say happily into the phone, nodding at Paul who turned to the boys and started talking.

"Alright darling, as much as I hate to cut this short, my unit is moving out soon so I have to go. Take care of yourself, okay?" I hear him start to walk around and smile. 

"I will. Take care of yourself, okay?" I say, walking back towards my seat. 

"I will. You do the same, and pay attention in class!" 

"Don't I always? Love you! Talk later?" 

"Of course. Love you, bye!" 

"Bye!"

I take my seat, giving Paul the location of the cabin and telling him about it. I let him know that there are eight bedrooms, and it has three floors: the main floor, a basement, and an upstairs. He nods, figuring the boys can fight over the rooms when they get there, except for the room I claimed.

"Do you think Mrs. Young would give you a special exception to leave and get the lads some coffee or tea? They look like they could use it." 

I look over at the boys, who all look half asleep besides Louis, who is passed out with his head on the table. 

"Jesus, Paul, what did you do to those poor boys?" I laugh, gaining a laugh and a shrug from Paul. 

"We had to leave the hotel by four in the morning to get here on time. They fell back asleep in the car, but they're still pretty tired from being woken up at four." I nod in understanding. 

"Do you know what they normally get?" I ask, standing up and grabbing my wallet from my bag. 

"They normally get something different every time. Just get whatever you think is the best thing they have," Paul says, pulling out his own wallet, but I stop him. 

"The more coffee I get at the campus café, the more points I get, and I'm close to getting some free stuff. I've got it." I say.

"I'll come with. I need to stretch my legs anyway, and I have a feeling that Niall could use something to munch on, huh mate?" Liam says, standing up and patting Niall's back. 

Niall mumbles some type of contorted agreement and I laugh, leading Liam out of the room, while Paul goes to talk to Mrs. Young.

"So, I just wanted to say, on behalf of me and the lads, thank you for doing this for us. You know, the whole cabin thing." He says, shoving his hands in his front pockets as we walk. 

"It's no problem, really. I can't imagine being in the spotlight like that; I would definitely crack if I didn't have a hideaway. I wasn't going to agree to it at first. I thought that this was something your management wanted, not you guys. But, as I was making the phone call, I saw the hope on your faces, and I knew that this was something you all actually wanted, so I said yes." 

"Thank you; that means a lot to not only me, but the other lads as well. People don't generally consider us people, and they will just ship us off wherever and whenever, which sucks. What do you think we will all do there? I mean, at the cabin?" 

"Well, there are a whole bunch of board games, I can bring the game systems from home, there's movies, horseback riding, hiking, there's a beautiful waterfall and gorgeous forests, there's full cell service and internet as well, in case anyone was worried about that aspect of it." 

"Wow, this place already sounds incredible."

"Yep, and at night, we can go outside and roast s'mores, or just go on a horseback ride onto the top of the hill and look at the stars. There aren't any city lights around, except for the cabin, so you can actually see the stars." I nod, reminiscing about the times me and my uncle spent out there. That was the one place where I got to be a kid.