|01|

"APART FROM THE FACT THAT I JUST LOST MY PERSONAL SPACE? ABSOLUTELY GREAT

"APART FROM THE FACT THAT I JUST LOST MY PERSONAL SPACE? ABSOLUTELY GREAT."

|01|

LILIAN HARPER ALMOST BROKE HER ALARM WHEN SHE PUSHED ON THE SNOOZE-BUTTON. It was a typical Wednesday morning in the dreary town called Forks. Forks was located in the state of Washington and held absolutely no fun. Not to Lilian.

Lilian was just a normal teenager, you'd say. But if you looked a bit longer she suddenly wasn't. Lilian looked wiser, she looked more closed. She wasn't the normal open book, her blue eyes the gates to her emotions, as so many teenagers were. She was a closed gate. A wall, and no one had ever tried to break it.

"Wake up, Lil! We're being late for a lovely new day!" Collin Harper chirped through the door, his sarcasm most clear in his voice.

"Calm down, Col, it's not like we have a rush. Everything's always the same." Lilian muttered, rubbing her eyes in order to wake up. She'd lived in this horrible town for five years of her life. Five of the seventeen years wasted in this hole of society. And all because a few people died, and Lilian had felt haunted...

"Kids get down here! I've a nice announcement." Johnathan Harper yelled from downstairs. The Harpers lived just outside the city border, in a reasonably big house. There was one floor and a basement. The joy: Lilian and Collin had the privilege to share one floor, completely for themselves. The top floor was theirs. Their parents had the basement to sleep in and the ground floor was the place where the family spent their times together.

Lilian put on her black jeans, navy blue blouse, leather jacket and soft yellow sneakers at high speed.

"What's it?" Lilian said, a little uninterested, as she stumbled down the stairs.

Collin was already seated in his usual chair, eating his cornflakes with rapid speed.

"Well, it seems that you, Lilian, are going to be in charge for a while." Cristina Harper said, trusting her daughter a smile.

"Why?" Collin asked from behind his cornflakes.

"Your father and I are going on a trip. John's business is doing well, but with all the different departments on different location, we need to check it. So, your father and I are going to be away for a month or five..."

Collin's cornflakes went over the table as Lilian gasped.

"FIVE MONTHS?!" The twins said simultaneously, glancing at each other shortly. Lilian had a face of complete shock, as far as her features would show. Collin, what's whoever, had a grimace over his face and his eyes contained nothing but fear and anger.

"Yes, dears, five months. We trust that you can take care of yourselves. Just see it as a test." Johnathan said calmly, as if it wasn't a big deal. Well, in Lilian's head, it was. Five months of complete responsibilities. Who in their right minds would leave two teenagers in a house in the woods?