|10|

"WITH ALL I OWN

"WITH ALL I OWN."

|10|

WEEKS WENT ON, AND TYLER HELPED LILIAN BLENDING IN THE SOCIETY. Though, it was weird to see the Harper-girl interact with someone else than her brother. Especially for the Cullens, who had only known her as the girl who didn't like people, human or vampire. And even though he would never admit it, Jasper felt threatened by the Crowley boy.

The Harper seniors would arrive back in Forks today, and in the Cullens' house, Collin was stressing himself out, for his parents would be meeting Alice, the girl he said he was hopelessly in love with. His emotions were all over the place, panic being the most obvious of them all. Jasper already moved from the living room to his own bedroom, but Collin's emotions still oozed from downstairs.

The moment that the taxi pulled up the driveway of Lilian's house, Hunter and Daisy started to bark, almost playfully. The dogs rushed themselves to the front door and waited enthusiastically until it opened. Lilian rose from her seat at the kitchen table, moving towards the front door to let the dogs run freely towards Johnathan and Cristina Harper, both heavily packed in bags and suitcases.

"Welcome home, I should say." Lilian said with a smirk, pacing to her father to help him with the luggage.

"I see you two got our presents." Cristina smiled, embracing her daughter tightly, "Now, where's my son? I would like to see the newest man of the family."

Lilian smirked even wider, "Col will be here soon. He's getting his girlfriend ready to meet you guys." At the word 'girlfriend' both parents looked at Lilian with surprised faces. Collin wasn't really the person to take a girl home when he was dating one.

"So, he has a girlfriend, eh? How about my little detective over here? Any boys I should hunt to the other side of the globe?" Johnathan joked, pecking his daughter on the cheek whilst resuming to walk inside. Lilian shook her head strongly, betraying that there indeed was a certain young man she was interested in. But never would she tell her parents that, for she knew it would never happen anyway.

The moment that Lilian saw the black Audi driving towards the house, she started to smirk uncontrollably. Her parents noticed and looked at the car that usually resembled the arrive of their daughter. Instead, Collin now came out, walking to the other side, opening the door for a pixie-like girl that was his girlfriend.

The moment Alice came into closer view, Cristina Harper took a sharp intake of breath, her eyes glaring fire and war at the pale girl... Lilian looked at her mother and raised her eyebrow.

"Mom, are you okay? You look..." Lilian's voice trailed off, after Cristina sent her daughter the same glare as well, "Well then, I'll go and see some... people." She stated, walking towards her brother and Alice, "Good luck, Col, mom's looking pissed." Lilian whispered to him, whilst taking the keys of the Audi from his hand. Lilian called Hunter over, giving him a seat in the back of the car, whilst Daisy greeted her owner cheerfully.

Collin tried to swallow the lump in his throat when he saw his mother's expression, "Welcome home! I see you've already met Daisy?" He said, embracing his father and mother both, and going on his knees to hug the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever. Cristina Harper's face still didn't look quite pleased. In fact, it looked like she'd just seen something she resented with fury passion.

Johnathan Harper, however, wore a welcoming smile on his face, which was unusual for the business man, "Collin, who is this gorgeous young lady you've brought with you?"

Collin silently thanked his dad and looked at Alice, who he could call his official girlfriend by four months now. He and Lilian had agreed not to tell their parents, as some kind of surprise. But seeing his mother's face, he was going to be lectured heavily for some kind of crimes...

"Alice, these are my parents. Mom, Dad, this is Alice, my girlfriend." He said, taking Alice's cold hand in his warm one. They smiled at each other and Collin knew then, that everything would be alright, eventually.

"It's very nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Harper." Alice chimed, her golden eyes brightening her already great smile. Johnathan was already opening his mouth, when Cristina scowled.

"Of course, you think it's nice to meet us, leech. How dare you come close to my children?!" She gritted from behind her teeth. Her eyes shot fire and her cheeks had a furious blush on them. Alice was completely surprised and hid behind Collin quickly, her eyes to the ground. Cristina's fury wasn't over like that, for she now looked at her son, "And you! Haven't I done enough to prepare both of you for these creatures?! What do you think was the reason I sent you to those campfires? To frighten you with scary stories?!" She seethed, before pacing away, leaving both vampire and men stunned.

"May I be the first one to ask why my wife just got angrier than I've ever seen her before?" Johnathan asked, as his gaze returned to Alice and Collin again. Sighing, Collin shook his head and led Alice and his father inside, for a cup coffee, or tea, considering that Alice liked a more fluent liquid better than dairy produce. It could last longer in her system.

After Alice had gone back home, to inform her family of the unfortunate incident that Cristina Harper was a Quileute, the woman in fact was glaring at her son, who was standing in front of her, hurt and almost heartbroken.

"Mom," Collin started to plead, "please, why can't you just give her a chance?"

"How many other people do know about them? Have we broken the treaty?" Cristina barked, her gaze still full of fire, and Collin suddenly realized that Lilian didn't have those glares from his father. His younger sister inherited that from his mother, his one and only real anchor, before Alice.

"No, no one broke any treaty. What are you talking about? Alice told me herself, because she loves me!" Collin said, trying to stay calm. He didn't want his mother to hate the girl he loved unconditionally. He wanted them to be friends, without all these prejudices.

"She loves you, you say?" Cristina said, suddenly very quietly, like she was hit with something heavy on her throat, "And do you love her?"

Collin sucked in a deep breath, before giving his answer to that question, "With everything I own."

"And does Lily know?" Cristina choked out, betraying her obvious disappointment. Collin shook his head, betraying that he knew more about that subject, "Good." Cristina rose from her seat in her little office, wanting to open the door, so they could leave it for a while.

"Mom... there's something else you should know..." Collin whispered. Alice had told him about what she'd seen of Lilian and Jasper. That they'd end up together just like he and Alice. Cristina turned around, biting her bottom lip in order to control her anger.

"She's going to find out, isn't she? She's already triggered to." Cristina stated, walking to her son, taking his shoulders in her grasp, "She can't, Collin. This world isn't good for a human, it killed my brother and I'm so afraid it'll kill you as well." She whispered, hugging her son as she let her tears flow.

______

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT OR VOTE. X