Chapter 16

TECHNOLOGY SHALL BE THE END OF ME!!! I am so sorry about this extremely late update. I thought it had posted, but when I went to check- it wasn't there! So now here it is with the gravest of apologies. I am SO SO sorry. I hope you enjoy :)

Sarah POV:

I kind of felt bad leaving Jareth by himself while I went off to meet my friends. He'd be fine. I was sure of it. I hurried out of the city, the pain in my side making me grimace. Hopefully we'd find the book before it got worse.

"My lady!" Sir Didymus's voice lifted me from my thoughts. I smiled at my three friends that stood in front of me. I smiled, "You guys ready?"

Hoggle gave me an uncertain look, "You are't gonna die are ya?"

I shrugged and was about to answer when Sir Didymus cut me off, "Of course not you foolish goblin. The fair lady hast the strongest of will! You shant forget the task of beating the unruly Goblin King. He is quite rude if I do say so myself."

Ludo nodded his giant head with a low pitched, "Yeeaahhhh."

I held up a hand to stop the conversation, "Right now, let's just get the clues to find the book."

Hoggle looked up at me as we started walking, "So where are we going first?"

"I guess we could start with the fireys," I looked up at the glowing sun, "Do they come out during the day?"

Hoggle rolled his eyes and grumbled, "Every day is a party night for them."

*******************************************************************************

The walk wasn't so bad thanks to the hours I'd spent exploring the Labyrinth. Before long we stood at the edge of what I'd taken to calling The Firey Forrest. Sure enough, we could hear the screeching, jubilant laughter rising above the tree tops. I looked at my friends, "Don't ruin their fun or they'll try to take off your heads."

The silence that followed my statement wasn't exactly comforting but nevertheless, the five of us stepped into the forrest. It didn't take long to find the fireys, they were loud enough to hear from miles. As we neared them, their conversation became clearer, "And the little lady was like 'leave me alone' and she be trying to climb the wall and Marshin was all like 'where the referee?' You remember dat?"

A burst of laughter was followed by another voice, "Ah ha ha, and dat little wrinkly troll! The one with the rope, you remember him Starnin? Dat voice of his HAHAHAHAHA! When he yelled 'grab it', did dat sound wrong to anyone else?"

It was fairly insulting to listen to. Starnin cackled, "And then you know what? The little lady grabbed it!"

I stepped out from behind the tree I'd been hiding behind, "Excuse me?"

The red feathered creatures looked at me before responding, "Aaayyyyy, it the little lady!"

"We were just talking about you!"

"All nasty t'ings, don't worry."

"Come chilly down!"

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

I glanced at Hoggle before continuing, "Um, do you have anything to give me? Like a clue or a message or something?"

The fatter firey grumbled, "Amen brotha, we got loads of messages."

"Little lady!"

I turned towards a long faced firey, "Yes?"

"I don't suppose you be lookin for somethin like this eh?" Inbetween his fingers was an eyeball.

I shuddered, "Why on earth would I want that?"

The firey shrugged, "Well it ain't Starnins and Larnen has got both him eyes in. So do Quarn and Parpin. As you can see, we all got our eyes in an' this one just pop up a few hours ago. It's funny when I put it in ya know? It not funny like Quarns but it show me sometin different that I ain't lookin at."

I stepped forward, "What do you see?"

Marshin laughed, "Dat's what be crazy. I ain't know! It be sometin with floating t'ings. Pretty but funny ya know? Sometin sparklin too. So little lady, you want dis?"

He threw me the eye and I flinched when I caught it, I wish I had a bag to put it in. I stared at the fireys, "Um thank you I guess."

I'd turned around when Starnin yelled, "Hey lady, try not to take off anybody's head! You're only allowed to take off yo own head!"

I nodded awkwardly, "Thanks... for the, advice... and, uh, and the eye. Uh yeah, so thanks."

My friends followed behind me as I began walking to the edge of the forrest. Sir Didymus spoke up, "Well then miss, where shall we go next?"

I stepped over a tree limb, "If we keep going this way we'll run into the door gaurds and it shouldn't take long to find the brick keepers after that."

Hoggle nodded, "Should be easy. One down, five to go."

I sighed, nothing was ever easy in the Labyrinth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my fabulous followers and all other readers! ^_^

I hope you are enjoying the story, I sure enjoy writing it! Anywho, please comment and critique because... sometimes I miss things and so shaw. Also, I may be taking up a few other projects; I've really been lacking in the writing aspect of my life and it's time to fire up the engines!

As always,

COMMENT

LIKE

CRITIQUE

FOLLOW

(a new one) SPREAD THE LOVE <3