Chapter 8

~So just a quick apology and warning... this chapter sucks! So sorry, I'll edit and rewrite some stuff later but I'm just not into the chapter. Also, sorry I haven't updated in forever. Be gentle. (if you don't want to read the chapter I'll put a spoiler at the bottom for you guys. I don't blame you ^_^)~

Sarah POV:

By the time I got home I was tired and anxious. My flight was in one week. The ticket was payed for and I'd researched everything I needed to know about my destination. I layed down on my bed and hugged Gawain, another teddy bear of mine, to my chest. In just one short week I'd be out of this miserable place, never to look back.

***********************************************************************************************************

The next morning was quiet. Karen was at yet another charity fund and dad was babysitting Toby. It was going to be a very long day. With nothing to do but sit and wait, I walked back out to the library. My research for my trip was done so I headed to the fantasy section. My fingers ran along the titles of the endless rows of books- Grimm Brother's Fairy Tales, Harry Potter, The Hobbit, Percy Jackson, Alice in Wonderland, the Never Ending Story. All of the books I could ever wish to read.

I grabbed Narnia from the shelf and snuggled into a corner by the window with it. Warm rays of sun trickeled over me, creating a cozy little space and before long, I was entranced by the familiar words. In the comfort of the book I knew so well, and the solitude that only a corner can provide, I fell asleep.

The next few days seemed to pass slower than the ones that came before it. Between reading and playing dress up, I found that sleeping was the most effective way to waste time. That and rearanging my suitcase. Everything was already packed but when I got bored enough I'd go through it again and replace this shirt with that and pack that book instead of this one. Overall, not one exciting thing happened until Tuesday morning. The day of my departure.

It was one in the morning when I got up and carried my suitcase quietly down the stairs. I couldn't grab any food thanks to the lock that Karen had neglected to remove. So instead I hurried outside and began my journey.

Getting to the airport was the hardest part. I took five buses and three taxis before arriving. Then I had to wade through the huge crowds of people and decifer where I needed to go. You'd think that if I could solve a labyrinth then I could tackle an airport. Funny story, I can't.

After that was the one hour flight to another airport. Then the ten hour flight to another airport. Then the three hour flight to the final airport. By the time I stepped foot onto the land of the British Virgin Islands, I was sick of transportation. But I still had to get to the tourist town that I'd picked out and so I endured the six car rides it took to get me there.

I'll spare you the rest of the boring details of my trip. I mean sure, the colorful scarves and tanned natives were of some interest I suppose, but over all, I've never had a journey as drawn out as this one. Long story short, I finally got to the edge of the town. This was where I needed to be, where it was quieter and rural. Under the setting sky I stood on a patch of itchy grass, my breathing shallow and excited. I was about to go back. Back to the labyrinth, the underground.

I quietly unzipped my suitcase and pulled out a plastic baggie that was bound at the top with a piece of string. The contents in it were from various stores I had sought out. Ground ash, rue, foxglove, fern, holly, and ivy. Seven different herbs. I poured the strange smelling powder onto the ground and placed an owl feather on top of it. I breathed deeply before grabbing my worn copy of 'The Labyrinth' from my suitcase.

I planted my right foot atop the owl feather and herbs. With my book grasped firmly in my hands I closed my eyes, "I wish that I would take me away. Right now."

~Sarah goes to the island and wishes herself to the Underground. BUM BUUUMMMM!