Chapter 26

Sarah's POV:

      I lifted my head, feeling dizzy. My eyes wouldn't focus and the colors in front of me blurred like a Van Gogh painting. The ground was soft and smelled like my perfume. I sat and pressed my hands against my face, trying to rid myself of the sensation. My hands left my face and I gazed in confusion at my bedroom. I was on my bed, in my bedroom. At home. 

     I stood, steadying myself on the bedpost and looked at myself in the mirror. My favorite shirt was ripped at the sleeves and my shoes were shredded at the bottoms. My hair was in a state of panic and my jeans were splattered with mud and who knows what else. My balance was returning and I took a few steps towards my dresser lined with stuffed animals and fairytale stories.

     Lightening streaked across the sky and a rumble shook outside. I picked up my music box and cranked it up, seeing if it would play its song. There was no sound save the pittering of rain. My thoughts drifted to Jareth and I sunk onto the floor, music box in hand. What would happen to him? What didn't we find? What was the clue? I hugged the little item to my chest and let my hair fall around me. This time there'd be no going back. I felt tears gathering in my eyes but they didn't fall. I was too tired to cry.

      I groggily gathered a handful of clothes from my closet and plodded to the bathroom. The water in the shower was hot and clean as it slid down my back and legs. I watched the grimy filth wash itself down the drain. What was I going to do now? There was no going back. I poured an excessive amount of shampoo into my hand and drizzled it over my hair. The suds fizzled around my ears. I wondered about Hoggle and what he'd say. If Sir Didymus was already concocting a plan to save me. I wrapped a towel around me and stepped out of the warmth of the shower. The cold hit me and goosebumps rose over my body.

     What would the goblins do without their goblin king? What if none of it was real? I plugged in my hair dryer and stared at my reflection in the mirror as I dried piece by piece of my hair. For all I knew I could be a mental patient in a hospital right now. Maybe I had tragically lost my husband and kids in a car crash and this was all just a mass delusion I was making up to help me cope. Maybe I was shot up with drugs in a puppet store and that's where all my friends had come from.

      My effort to distract myself was only depressing me further so I slipped on my Peter Pan pajama pants and an oversized t-shirt. I grabbed my disgusting clothes and, after looking them over, tossed them in the trash. There was no way they would ever be able to be repaired. I sat thoughtlessly on my bed, listening to the now pounding rain. It was heavy and loud. I leaned back against my pillows and closed my eyes.

Bum bum bum.

        A knock from downstairs lifted me from the quiet. I groaned, knowing Karen had probably neglected to bring her house key with her and needed to be let back in. I walked down the stairs, it was so great being home where I was of such use to people I loved oh so much. I mouthed words to myself, mocking my step mom. Grumpily I yanked open the front door.

     "Jareth?"

     My eyes widened, he wore a button up shirt and dark jeans that clung to him from the rain. His hair hung in a sopping mess around his face and he was breathing heavily. I said his name again, "Jareth..."

     He frowned at me and supported himself against the door frame. He looked over his shoulder and panting asked, "Who?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BA HA HA HA!

The story is over my lovelies! I have done it! A sequel may arise depending on scheduling and stuff. I hope it wasn't too much of a disappointment. :/

In the meantime, I am working on a Stony fanfic that will hopefully be posted either the end of this month or next. It will be updated every two weeks. I will also try to post poems and short stories to occupy both myself and all you fabulous people!

For Taboo: If you have any ideas, please let me know.

Creative Writing: I know all of you are great writers but everyone can always improve, me especially. So I'm thinking of starting a creative writing... not class as much as gathering. Every week I would post a prompt and everyone writes a short piece for it. You could message it to me and then I would post it in a sort of 'response' chapter. The point would be to create a safe environment to critique and help each other become better writers. I mean, that's what wattpad is all about right?  So I'm thinking of doing that, let me know what ya'll think.

And, as always, my lovelies

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

NEVER STOP GROWING ^_^