Chapter 3

My eyes slowly fluttered open to see bright sunlight peering in from the large open, window. I squinted my eyes at the bright light coming from outside. I felt like shit. A splitting headache, dizziness, stomach ache. Those symptoms were so similar to me because of my alcoholic mother. I had a hangover. I moaned at the fact how stupid I was to drink so much, I should know better. I rolled over to the other side of the bed to shield myself from the light. I put my pillow to my face to make it dark again but that didn't work either. After I realized I couldn't go back to sleep I slowly opened my eyes and sat up in bed. I looked around the room to see royal blue walls, an old record player, and a big pile of dirty clothes in the corner. I was in my bedroom. I furrowed my eye brows with confusion. How did I get here? I couldn't remember much about last night but the last thing I remembered was being at that party. Why did I even go to that stupid party in the first place? I shook my head. I guess I really over did it with the beers. I reminded myself of my mother at this point. I always had to take care of her when she got her daily hangovers. She always drank. I hardly remember a time when she was sober before she got diagnosed with cancer. I sighed and flung the covers off of my shivering body.

Before I could make my way to the bathroom I heard my phone rang. I desperately searched the room to find my phone before it stopped ringing. I found it in my purse that was tossed into the corner with my dirty clothes. "He... Hello?" I barely choked out the words. "Good morning sunshine!!!!!" The voice blared through the phone. It was my best friend, Lizzie. "Hey Lizzie, what's up?" I asked confused. She never called me this early. "I'm calling to see if you were ok! After I called you last night to come pick us up and you got really drunk and I was mad because you wouldn't listen to me and I......" I walked over to the bathroom while Lizzie was still blabbing on and on over the phone. I opened the bathroom and bumped into something, or someone for that matter. I looked up to see those familiar gorgeous emerald green eyes. He stared back at me with those piercing eyes. I could stare into those eyes forever. Wait a second..... he's in my house! Not only can I not get him out of my mind but now he's in my house? Before I could say anything he spoke. It's like he read my mind or something. "You don't remember anything from last night do you?" He walked past me out of the bathroom back into my bedroom and sat down on the old couch in the middle of the room. I hung up on Lizzie. "No I...... I don't I guess. I remember I got drunk and then I..." I paused not remembering anything at all after I had several beers. He laughed at me. Was he seriously making fun of me right now? "And then you got really mad at your friend so you smashed a beer bottle on the floor and started crying...." I gulped nervously. What an idiot I am. I really did over it last night.

"So tell me again why you're in my house?" I went into my room and sat down on my bed trying to figure out what to do with my hair, it probably looked like a mess after last night. "I take that as you thanking me so you're welcome." He smiled at me and I rolled my eyes. "Last night I let you pass out on my couch since you were still pretty drunk and then I took you back to your house this morning just in case your parents were worrying or something." Wait he let me sleep on his couch? That party must of been at his house last night. I am so stupid and ignorant ugh. I sighed. I guess he was pretty nice after all. "Thanks..... I guess. But why are you still here? Don't you have somewhere to be or something?" I asked questioningly. "After I put you in your bed to sleep I realized there wasn't anyone here with you so I thought I'd stay until you wake up. Do you have any family around at all?" I froze not knowing to say. I couldn't tell him that my father was an abusive drunk and my pathetic excuse for a mother is dying of cancer. "They're....... out of town. Yeah they're out of town. And I don't need your help I'm fine on my own. I'm not five years old.......Just leave me alone okay?" I half yelled at him getting angry remembering about my parents. He put on his shirt and shoes. "I was just trying to help you don't need get angry at me." He stormed out of the room leaving me all by myself again. Everyone leaves me and I pushed them away. I wanted to scream I was so frustrated and angry. I put on my old UCLA sweatshirt that has been washed so many times its more comfy than when I bought it. 

I went into the kitchen to get a bowl of cereal remembering that I hadn't eaten since yesterday afternoon. After I poured a huge bowl of lucky charms I made my way to the fridge to get some milk when I ran into someone yet again. "Long time no see." That familiar voice spoke to me again. "Why are you still here I thought you were leaving?" I asked apologetically. I felt bad that I yelled at him like that, he was just trying to help after all. "I was hungry and I don't want to go back home to see my parent's faces when they see all of the damage from the party last night." He laughed and then I started to laugh too. I don't remember the last time I had truly laughed, or smiled for that matter. After we both laughed for a while there was an awkward silence. I decided the best thing to do was watch some TV so I made my way over to the family room. He followed me into the family room. I furrowed my eyebrows at him wondering why he won't just leave me alone. Aaron plopped onto the couch next to me while I turned on TBS which always had Friends reruns. I smiled at Joey's stupidity. He laughed too. "Do you like this show?" I asked shyly. "Are you kidding? This show is the best, Ross is my favorite." I looked at him amazed. "Ross is my favorite character too. We must be soul mates." I froze not knowing if that was the right thing to say or not but he smiled so I felt relaxed. 

Aaron and I watched Friends for what seemed like hours. It was nice to just hang out with him. He was really funny too. I found myself laughing at all the jokes he made. He made me feel special, like we were actually friends. I felt comfortable around him, like I could be myself. I hadn't felt that way in a long time. There was a long awkward silence but I didn't know what to say. We were just sitting there in silence munching on popcorn when he finally said something. "So where are you parents exactly? Are they on vacation or something?" I gulped nervously. "Oh they umm...." I paused not knowing what to say. I think he knew something was up cause he was looking at me funny. "They're not out of town are they......" He paused. I got up from the couch immediately, turning the TV off with the remote. "You should probably go." I started walking back into the kitchen when I noticed he wasn't following behind me.

"Are you just going to stay in my house forever or what? It's getting late you should probably just go home." I walked back slowly towards him in the family room. Before I knew it we were face to face again, so close I could hear his heart beating. Without even realizing what I was doing I put my hand to his chest and moved my face closer to his. His eyelashes were so long and thick I was jealous. He was beautiful. I looked up at his face my eyes meeting with his. "Dylan...." He moaned my name. He looked at me like I was the most beautiful girl in the world. His lips softly touched mine giving me one soft kiss. He stopped looking at me in the eyes like he was trying to figure me out. He looked so sincere, so passionate. He leaned back into me giving me another strong, passionate kiss. Not just a light little peck like the first one but a true, passionate kiss. I've kissed a boy before but not like this, this kiss felt real to me like it actually meant something. His hand went under my shirt and his fingers felt tingly against my cold skin. I held on to his neck like he was the only thing that could keep me alive. He ran his hands through my hair softly. Kissing him like this made my mind go wild. I had never felt something so real, so pure before. It was like we were went to be here, kissing each other passionately like this. Before I knew it we stopped kissing and he was gone. "See you later" was all he said. It felt like he had physically beaten me and left me to die. Him leaving so suddenly, scared me. It hurt me to think that way since that kiss meant so much to me. 

I slowly walked back into my bedroom still paralyzed from what had just happened. I crawled into bed grasping the comforter tightly and pulling it over me. I fell into a deep sleep.