The Calm

Cleaing the last chapters now right now -Raio

____________________________________________________________

The woods were dark, even for a day like this. The trees were thin and easy see behind But there would always be that random bush somewhere, and it would catch you if you don't pay attention to the ground. The ground was mostly dirt and fallen leaves. But it wasn't to the point were the leaves were crunching with every step. A boy walked passed a tree. He had short orange hair, and wore a blue shirt along dark blue shorts; they had a grass stain or two. He walked looked , avoiding one of the tricky bushes. He had his school bag wrapped around his side. He opened the flap then took out a bottle of water. He looked around again, searching around for anything threats. There were a lot of things that could kill you inside of the woods. Making sure he wasn't about to end up as bear food, he continue walking after a few steps, then stopping next to a tree. He wished that there were more randomly placed stumps or rocks to sit on. He sat down under the tree. Tired from the small hike uphill, his feet felt a little sore. 

"Alex, better like this!"

He had gotten back up. He wanted to go back to the orphanage. But that wasn't what he had planed to do. He had to keep his promises. He continued to walk though the woods. After a few minutes the leaves, and dirt had started to change into grass. The more he walked. The more grass showed up. He smiled. He had been about to get what he came for. He started to jog a little. Then had his foot caught in a bush. He glared at it.

"Really?" He groaned. "I look away for one minute and this is how the woods treat me!?"

He slowed his pace again. In front of him the trees were bunched up. It looked like they formed a wall of green and bark. He couldn't get past it. Even though he was  a little on the thin side. He looked at it again. The wall went far down. He could sneak a peak though some of the trees. There were more trees. He sighed. He was hoping to hold this off as long a possible but now he couldn't hold it off anymore. He looked up the tree. The first branch was a few meters high. But it would lead to some more. The boy moved back from the tree then started to get a running start. He then jumped before he ran into the tree, then he placed one foot on the tree, and pushed up with it. He grabbed it the branch then gasped. He pulled himself up. He didn't enjoy the first part. But that was the hardest part. He looked at his hands. They had some splinters in them but he couldn't keep on doing this. 'Without gloves that is!' He opened the flap again then pulled out some weight training gloves. Looking up, he could see the next branch. It wasn't as high up. He grabbed it them swigged to the next tree in front of him. He grabbed a branch with two hands. He moved through the trees. Then was able to reach what he came for.

Looking from a top of a tree was better then it sounded. When your looking down. What people don't ever realized while thinking about it, is 'How am I going to get down.' Most of the time it's easy. There's an easy few branches that were luckily placed semi-perfect to be able to climb back down. But this wasn't some sort of fairy tale were everyone smiles and it's always sunny. Right now was a perfect example of it. The boy was stuck on top of a tree sitting on a branch. While looking under him trying to get to the next branch. Only that the next branch was 10 meter under him. He would surely break it if he landed on it. He started to hear the worst sound you can hear when your 60 feet above the ground. 'CRACK' It wasn't strong so he still have a minute or two, at the most. If he was lucky. He quickly jumped down. Then reached his hands out. He missed the first few branches. It seemed like he was going to die. He must have been going 20 or 40 mph falling. Then the 2nd to last branch had got his grip. Wide eyed,sweating, and thinking he was about to die. The kid let go of the branch. It wouldn't have held up anyway. Nothing would if it had just stopped someone falling that fast. He fell from the last 20 feet. He rolled when he got to the ground.  He had some grass over himself, but was just glad to still be alive. He smiled. 'Gotten passed that, now for the gift'. He thought. He started to walk away from the wall of trees.