Chapter 6: Morning Woes

A/N: Ello I was gone for I think 2 weeks and that is way too long not to update so here is a new update. I really need to go through these caps. If you edit stories please say you do below. Im willing to or something out for someone to help me. I’d be extremely grateful. But For any guy or girl who reads this and say… THIS IS GETTING FROO FROO its gonna turn cliché…. I wont I assure you. I try and keep people on their feet always and I originally planned for this to end differently but I though of a way to get  more chapters in and more angst. Thank god for me saving to two computers. Now I have Chapter 7 upstairs. :P Well I thank you for reading and following this you people make me so happy. If you like vote please and comment I read everyone and value your opinion.

Swirling white radiant rose tipped plumes swirled to the frozen ground. Each feather held a broken hope or will. Each feather represented shame. The feathers continued to hit the ground as the crowd stood aphonic eyes glued on the dark black stage as the sadistic musician played it prey. Savoring the mangled screams and cries she solicited from her prey with her instruments. Ribbons of skin hung loose like wrapping paper torn off of gift on Christmas. Crimson blood making deep rivers and streams. The musician’s powder white gloves where speckled with an occasional drop of blood. The she held a metal hedge clipper like instrument up to the arching bone structure that protruded from the captives back. Gave a small, tight, impish smile and proceeded to step forward.

“This is the clipping of ah Angel Never again will you fly,”

There was the intense glowing of blue eyes and the clippers closed.

Leo woke up his t-shirt clung to his body wet with sweat. The dream he had just was wildly vivid. He cringed it made him think of what he saw yesterday. Leo pushed a hand through his dark hair closing his eyes. He had hoped it was just a dream. He had hoped when he woke up there would be nothing to tell nothing to say, nothing to even remember…but there was.

When Leo sat up he had the mother of all headaches. He squirmed disrupting the bed as he massaged his temples. Jezebel felt the ripple and opened tired jade eyes. She rolled over to look at her husband she worriedly pushed back a piece of messy hair.

“What’s wrong?”

Leo shook his head groaning “ I guess I need some more of those damned pills because I had another one of those dreams and I my head feels like its cracking open,”

Jezebels fingers where trembling today she would get away from Leo and the stress and detox. His dream coming back was really affecting her. Jezebel pushed thick rubicund covers back. The cold air skated over her skin raising goose bumps. She shakily stood nodding to him

“Stop being such a baby and take an aspirin, I called about the pills yesterday,”

Leo heard the malice in her voice and it made his chest tighten, there was only a slight undertone of worry.

“Jez—I’m sorry,”

Jezebel felt her brow creasing her thoughts raced with morbid pictures of her husband when he found out who he really was. She put a hand on her face letting her nails dig into her skin. The pain kept her conscious. She slept with the man she feared the most. That was what it had come to; every night she slipped into their king bed she stayed up a little later watching him. Watching his fitful face sleep. Just watching and contemplating. Contemplating the many ways she could kill him and rid herself of the uncertainty and fear barely held inside her. Part of her loved Leo just a little bit. But she knew you couldn’t love the one you lie to the most. If it weren’t for her mask, that rarely let feeling pass through she wouldn’t be able to face him.

“Please, take the aspirin I’m going out today I’ll be back,” Her voice was raw and stretched as if she wanted to say something else.

Leo nodded shaking his head pushing out his hand. The whit sheets where twisted around his waist. Jezebel nodded her nest of brown hair swayed like the branches of youthful trees. Leo closed his eyes. Love and marriage was strange. Sometimes he wondered if you needed love in a marriage to be happy. But other times he thought Jezebel and he got along just fine and he needn’t worry.  Reality was Jezebel barely could stand his touch. When he touched her she was stiff as if in fear, but her face never betrayed the emotion.

“Window’s”

The house opened the viewing screen walls to show the sky of Astoria. Connecting Locomotors tubes carved through the sky like a crazed etch a sketch picture. The sun glimmered brightly in a crayon sky blue dotted with air ships that floated like paper swans. Beauty, it was short-lived when Leo closed his eyes all he could see was the comforting canvas of black. Leo stood shaken a bit, then he sat feeling a swirling the light flooding into the room was over whelming. He could already hear the voices licking his ears. Leo shut his eyes and let the voices carry him. He fell back and sank into the sheets.

Brown eyes the color of old chocolate mousse filled his vision they hung above him. They where alien and new and he liked them. Caramel glazed skins the color of a mocha latte graced his eyes. Soft plump fuchsia colored lips moved, Leo could feel the soft throbbing of his heart. The woman’s soft hair was pushed against his forehead tickling his face.

“ I knew you would wake up late! You where out all yesterday,”

Leo smiled pushing the girls round nose “At least I have you, beautiful, to wake up to,”

“You make me laugh, I think your just trying to get me out on a picnic with you!”

Leo smiled craning his neck and passed the witty banter back again“ Could that happen?”

The girl pinning him to his bed drew back and smiled “Not till we check out the grapes in the vineyard and the fermenting ones and go through the procedures and…”

Leo sat up and pressed his lips to hers quieting her. There was a feel of adjoining electricity that passed through the kiss.  

Leo swallowed breathing in the smell of peaches.  He brought their foreheads together looking deep into her eyes. “At least I have you to get this through with when I turn nineteen I’m going to marry you and we’re going to own this grand business.

“Well I’ll look forward to that day Amore mio! Your Mama says she has breakfast ready the girl said smiling and leaving the room.

 Leo nodded slipping out of bed and following. He walked through halls they where small and not very grand but they where comfortable halls.

 He entered a warm room. He looked around he could see cabinets and shelves lined with glass jars. There where some carefully labeled in Italian filled with lavender twigs, dried blueberries, spicy jalapeno, garlic cloves, and dried oregano. The smell of sizzling sausage and  eggs assaulted his senses and Leo felt his stomach rumble. He looked around the woman and spotted a short figure in front of him.

 He looked forward to see a black and gray head the face wasn’t clear.

“Good morning Mama,”

The face began to focus and Leo felt his mind try and grasp the image. He tried to feel everything in the scene from the smell of freshly backed bread. To the texture of the abrasive wood beneath his feet. He took in the earthy look of the kitchen and the huge wood stove that burned in front of him heating the place.

Leo opened his eyes painfully he felt that there where two of him. This him that called him and appeared suddenly was happier and less trouble. He had almost seen his mother. He had not remembered her face in years so many he couldn’t count them. His vision ending before he saw her felt like getting to the meaning of life or reaching your goal almost but dying at the final step by gun. The girl too who was she, he had felt a feeling when seeing her, it was love he knew it that Leo said he was going to marry her… apparently future Leo didn’t, why?

Leo shook his head and walked away from the covers through the door and into the kitchen

The air was stiff and Static when Angelo walked into the airy French Café. He had on a starched white dress shirt simple black pants and dark dress shoes. His face was asserted as to deter questions and people approaching him.  Angelo walked into the Café taking in the Dark walls.