Chapter 9 - Escape

So much for trying to survive, I took a second to look back at Mia and saw that she threw herself at the zombie. That second could have been useful on my part- I could have got up but no I just sit here like a complete dumbass. The zombie in front of me threw it-self on top of me and the impact send me lying on my back holding it back.

I manage to grip onto the zombies arms my elbows digging into the ground.  Moving my head to the side to prevent it from biting me only added more to my struggle I was slowly losing my grip from the burn to my elbows. Mia’s growls floated beside me and it sounded like she was having trouble.

“Close your eyes!” someone shouted.

I did as I was told and felt the whoosh of air and the sound of impact made me flinched further into the ground. I felt something wet on my face and remained on the ground, my hold on the zombie’s arms fell and I immediately shoved it to the side and turned to my other side.

“Keep your eyes closed I’m going to wash your face,” Ronald instructed and I let out a small okay.

The water was cold and I jumped at contact and just laid there washing away the blood, when it was off I opened my eyes and took Ronald’s hand to get up and saw Mia right by his side.

“What the hell are you doing outside?” he demanded.

“I got curious to what was out here,” I meekly said, looking down at my feet.

“Come on we better go back to inform everyone about this,” Ronald said, turning around and heading back to the front of the house, Mia following behind.

I caught up with him and said thank you but we can to a stop to find Jack and Luke running up the driveway and not far along a heard of zombies behind.

“Don’t thank me yet, hurry run inside and get everyone,” he ordered and ran towards Jack. 

   All at once question after question pop into my head and I could not breathe. We were leaving without Natalie? How far away from here will we go? What if I never find here? Would we be able to live long enough to find others?

I was too into my rant that I heard a loud bang right next to me and a thud on the ground. I look down and find a zombie on the ground.

   “Damn it Alexis focus we have to go,” William said running inside the house. I followed behind him. Once inside everyone was already up and grabbing what was needed.

   “Alexis!” Riley said and jogged towards me. “What is going on is Anthony okay?” she fired. I did not see him outside but I hope he is.

   “I’m not sure Riley but there are a lot of zombies and we all have to leave now,” I said and went to go grab my bag by the couch.

   “We have to go save him!” she panicked. I grab her wrist before she can move further, “No, Anthony will be fine and he will right behind us we need to get into one of the trucks and leave.”

   “Alexis where is my uncle Jack?” Danny came up to us with a backpack strapped on his back.

   “He is outside holding back as much zombies with the others we all have to leave now,” I said to him and finished off looking at everyone else.

   ‘Alexis we have one truck out back with Jeff and Anthony get back there!’ Jack said through a walkie-talkie.

Hailey and Riley ran towards the back door and we all followed behind, we open the door to find the truck right at the foot of the steps, “Hurry there is not many zombies out here,” Jeff said.

  “Come on William and Holly get in,” I said taking Danny’s hand.

  “No we will wait for Jack to come and get us,” William replied.