Chapter 6 - Don't think, Just Do.

Dedicated to shinewillshinewont, for the awesome support I am receiving from her.  ^___^ 

*********************************************************************

 Zombies, there was four of them coming down the road not too away from the dirt path that lead to the house. Tattered up and beaten looking they stumbled along the road.

“Come on,” Jack whispered taking my hand and we hid behind the tree.

“Jack there’re heading towards the house we have to go warn them!” I whispered yelled. He still had a hold of my hand and pulled me towards him when I said that, “No wait,” he let go of my hand and got one of the flash lights and held it between his hands and turned it on and off four times aiming towards the house.

“Jack! What are you doing?” I hissed.

He turned to me, “it’s a signal to Ron,” he said and turned to look at the house, there was Ronald looking at us with binoculars.  Jack motioned towards the road and Ron looked and then turned around running inside the house. I took a look at the zombies and I could see more of their disfigured and bloody bodies now.

“Jack they are almost here we can’t shoot them just in case more are on their way.”

He took out two pocket knives and handed me one, “Do you have a good aim?” he asked. What he does not expect me to throw this at them!

“I don’t know,” was my only reply. I then saw Ronald, William, and Anthony running towards us with bats and crowbars, “Ready? Go!” Jack yelled.

Stepping back from the tree he ran towards the zombies aiming the other knife at one of the zombies head and hit it, only leaving the knife poking out. I had to help him my aim was nowhere near Jacks’ so I looked around the area where we at and found a metal pole under the bench and yelled at Jack to catch the other pocket knife.

He caught it and threw it hitting the same zombie in the head doing no damage; the other zombies were probably five feet away from us, I ran towards the one with the knife in its head and swung the pole up aiming it at the zombies head.

The impact of the hit was awful you could feel the skull cracking and then blood gushing out along with the rotting flesh. The zombie fell with a thud to the ground I began to hyperventilate and continued to hit its head with the pole until the whole head was disfigured. I was letting out small whimpers as I grew tired of what I just done when I felt myself get tackled to the ground, landing on top of Jack, I then heard more thrashing of flesh, I looked up and saw Ronald not far away from me and Jack taking out a zombie with a bat. William and Anthony were doing the same with crowbars after a minute the moaning of the zombies were gone and deep breaths were only heard, I didn’t notice that Jack and I were no longer on the ground but Jack still held me in his hands bridal style.

“We better burn these,” William spoke rolling the dead zombie over Ronald and Anthony did the same. “Ronald go get the truck and bring some gloves, Anthony you and I will go get all the wood ready for the fire we will burn them come sunrise,” William commanded. Ronald began walking and William asked him to call Jeff to help out, “Take her inside and stay with everyone else until we get his done,” William told Jack, who gave him a nod and began walking back up the trail towards the house; me still in his arms.

“You might want to loosen up on the grip you have on that pole Alexis,” Jack said me as he kept looking forward. I immediately loosen my grip and began to slightly relax from the mini shock I went into why I smashed that zombie.

“Jack can you put me down please,” I asked him quietly, as much as I felt safe in his arms I desperately wanted to breathe in my own space. He stopped and carefully placed me down on the ground moving a few feet away from me; giving me my space. We continued towards the house, which was not too far along; I was consumed in my thoughts I just beat a person – well a said person to death. I know they are already dead and I know I shot some today but I felt it, which was so much different than just shooting a bullet.

“Alexis it will pass, I know it feels bad but your shock will pass and you just,” I cut him off, “what get over it because I like it or not there will be more to of them to kill!”

We stopped walking right in front the back porch and stared at each other, “Jack they might be dead but as much as the smell and appearance of death surrounds them they still tear like any living person would,” I spoke firmly.

He showed a haunting face but it disappeared quickly and he had a serious face, “As if I already did not know that Alexis,” he then left to help Ronald.  I stood there revising what just happened, I was in shock yeah, I got angry about mentioning to just get over it but I shouldn’t be; we will have to kill more of them.

Jack probably had to kill lots of people today weapon or not and I took it out on him while he was trying to comfort me while I got mad at his comment. I need to apologize to him. I am such a jerk and I think bipolar?

I tried talking to him but he just told me to go inside the porch and keep a lookout while he and Ronald loaded the truck with what they needed to burn the zombies. I sat inside the porch looking for anymore danger and occasionally at Jack but he soon left with Ronald.  The house was quiet and outside was even more silent, I asked myself the cliché line – how did all this happen? How were we all going to survive in the world now, eventually we would run out of supplies?

 I heard movement by the door and saw the silhouette of a person, don’t be a zombie? I prayed, the door opened and Jack walked in he had blood on him and looked drowsy and he had a bite on his arm, I immediately ran up to him.

“Jack! Oh no you got bit!” I cried, taking a hold of the injured hand. That zombie sure took a bite, blood covered around it and you could see the bone.

“You’re going to be fine,” I whispered. He didn’t reply and his arm all of sudden turned freezing cold and I didn’t hear any breathing coming from him, I looked up and his face was disfigured and bloody. I backed away from him shaking my head and he took a step forward lunging at me and biting my shoulder.

   Someone shook my shoulder and I jerked away from the person letting out a cry, it was a dream. Jack stood in front of me a concern expression his face – his face! It was perfectly fine no blood or smashed face I reached out to cup his cheek and threw my arms around his neck and whispered sorry to him. He wrapped his arms around me and held me while I cried. Stupid dreams and damn zombies trying to eat me every chance they got.  

**************************************************************

Sorry its short but I will have the next one up soon. Promise :D

Oh and a question I want to know: What do you think would happen if you taser a zombie? (probably nothing but who knows... ) haha

Thank you for reading adn supporting. Let me know what you think?