3.

Camila's POV

It was now the end of the day. All of my classes went smoothly. I had some students leaving really good impressions and some who made some pretty bad ones. Most of all the students had already left for home. I was in my classroom, writing on the board for tomorrow's first class.

I dropped my marker when my phone began to ring. I walked over to my desk to pick it up and looked at the Caller I.D to see it was my girlfriend, Ariana. I smiled slightly as I lifted the phone to my ear.

"Hey, babe-," I started.

"Don't "hey babe" me," Ariana's voice snapped through the phone and I sighed, running a hand through my hair. Of course she was angry. That was the only time she'd bother to try and talk to me anymore. When she was mad at me.

Ariana and I had been together for 7 years. We met when I was 18, my freshman year of college and started dating when I was 21 . She was so vibrant and full of passion back then. She was studying law. Now she was a lawyer at my step father's Law Firm. She used to be happy and full of life. Now everything for her was work, work, and more work.

She used to love my passion for music and now she thought becoming a teacher was one of the worst decisions I had ever made. My step father agreed with her. Hell, he was one of the reasons why she thought that way. My step father never thought my career in teaching would ever get me anywhere. Or my love of music.

He always told me to have a more practical and stable career as a lawyer like him. But I never wanted to be my stel father. I liked the decision I made and I don't care what my step father or Ariana had to say about it.

"What's wrong, Ari?" I questioned.

"The car broke down again. I thought you said you were going to get it checked," Ariana's irritated voice rang through the phone and I sighed.

"Shit, Ari. I'm sorry. I totally forgot. I didn't have the money at the time and I was just waiting for my first check. Listen, I promise I'll get it checked tomorrow during my lunch. Do you need me to pick you up?"

"Of course you forgot, Camila. You always forget," Ariana sighed on the other end of the line and I imagined she rolled her eyes, "Whatever. No, I don't need a ride. Pete is giving me one."

Pete Davidson. Ariana's best friend from law school. He was always everywhere Ariana was. He followed her around like a love sick puppy. I knew he wanted her. He made it clear that he did. He always glared at me every time I kissed her or hugged her. He told her lies constantly about me. He was just another thorn in my side. I hated him but Ariana would never listen to my distrust of the man. So I just let it and him go.

"Oh," I said simply.

"Just hurry up and get home. Your family and my family are coming over for dinner tonight and they'll be coming by early so we'll have to entertain them and I don't want to do that by myself."

"Oh shit. That's tonight?" I asked as I ran my hand down the side of my face, "Dinah and I were gonna play down at the Java Shop."

"No, Camila. This is an important dinner. Your father apparently has big news so you need to be there. It's time to grow up, Camila. You're no longer in college. You're an adult now, who has to do adult things. So be home in half an hour. I mean it, Camila."

I sighed, "Okay, babe. Half an hour."

"Good. See at home then."

"Yeah. I love you," I said.

"You too," then Ariana hung up. I sighed as looked at my phone silently before finding my best friend Dinah's number, shooting her a quick text.

Me: Hey, DJ. Can't make it to the Java Shop tn. Dinner with my and Ari's family. Maybe next weekend?