1.

Changing the casting of Nicolas Jauregui from Jared Gilmore to Asher Angel.

Lauren's POV

"Mom! Mom! Wake up! I'm gonna be late for school! You gotta get up! Mooom!" I was being shaken aggressively and I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes, "Mom!"

"Okay okay," I giggled as I slowly turned over to look at my son, "I'm up."

"Get outta bed," he tried pushing at my side, causing me to laugh even more at his urgency, "Come on, Mom, it's my first day of middle school! I can't be late."

"You aren't even dressed yet, Nic and it's only 6:30. We have to be out the house by 7:45. You have time," I said, looking at my son with a small smile, "Give me five more minutes and I promise I'll be up."

"Finee," he groaned and laid down on the bed beside me, "Five more minutes," he said as he looked up at the ceiling, putting his arms under his head. I smiled over at my son as I turned over onto my side to face him completely.

Nicolas Michael Jauregui was an unexpected but pleasant surprise. I had him when I was 17. I was only a junior in high school. It was hard on me and my family. My parents had three kids and now they had to help their eldest prepare for another one. Luckily my parents supported me through my entire pregnancy.

Which was more than I could say for Nic's father, who disappeared when he found out I was pregnant. My parents helped me during my pregnancy and after my pregnancy. They watched Nic while I went back to high school to finish out my senior year and watched him when I went to Culinary school.

They were by my side when I opened up my own bakery, my parents helping me to pay for it and all. They were there for every time I needed them.

Now Nic was 11 and a half years old, entering middle school. He was no longer the little baby who cried for me to hold him when he couldn't sleep. No. He rarely ever cried. He was so brave and so smart. A little genius really.

He had brown hair and green eyes like me. He had my nose and his father's smile. I used to be in love with his father. He was, at the time, the love my life. Or so I had thought. He left when he found out I was pregnant.

But he came back when Nic was 2. He claimed he wanted to try with me and we gave it a shot but it didn't work out. He was too much of an asshole. We couldn't do it. He was a traveler, played guitar and was lead singer in a band. We would never have worked out. I liked the comfort of knowing my partner would be home that night and wouldn't be sleeping with other girls.

When he was in town, he of course showed up to see Nic. He visited him whenever he could. Which wasn't much, but it was better than nothing. Also every time he'd come back, he'd try to have sex with me or something and well...I wouldn't refuse. I was single at the time and whatever happened happened. It wasn't like I had feelings for him. I lost those when he left us a second time.

For me, it was just sex. Good sex, great even but it just was. I didn't want to get Nic's hopes up. I would never have a relationship with his father and I'd like to think Nic was smart enough to understand. It was probably why he always pushed for me to find a relationship. He always wanted for me to be happy.

Even when I insisted that I was happy with him being the only man in my life.

My alarm interrupted my train of thought. I sighed as I slowly sat up, running a hand through my hair before looking over at my son, flashing a small smile.

"Alright, nugget. Looks like 5 minutes is up," I said and he grinned at me.

"Yes!" He rolled out of my bed and ran out of my room. I giggled as I slid out of bed, walking to my bathroom. My house was a small, two story story two bedroom, two bathroom house. We lived in a nice neighborhood. We had a backyard with a pool and everything. We also had a mini skate ramp in the back because my son loved to skateboard.