F O U R: I know I'm hilarious

I woke up to the sound of a dying cat, also known as Jason's alarm.

"Switch off the fucking alarm, you dickhead", I mumbled.

"Yeah, patience, I have to get up and find my phone", I heard him walk through the room.

"What time is it actually?" I asked

"Six, I think", he answered, like it was normal to get up at 6AM when you live at school and don't have to start until half past eight in the morning.

"Why the hell do you get up at six?" I asked with my face buried in the pillow.

"Well, my hair doesn't really cooperate with me most mornings, so I usually need an hour or so for that."

"Fuck you", I grumbled. I still had an hour to sleep, fortunately.

***

When my own alarm went off an hour later, I did have to get up. And when I walked into the bathroom, Jason was still busy with his hair.

"Make space, I need the mirror" I grumbled.

"Good morning to you too, sunshine", he chuckled.

"Yeah yeah", I took the hairbrush and started brushing my hair. I had the luck that my hair didn't get very tangled, and it usually took me only thirty seconds to do my hair in the mornings, since brushing it was really the only thing I did.

And after I had put on some mascara and had put my clothes on, Jason was still not ready. "You act more like a girl than me in the morning, and I am a girl, so that's not normal", I commented.

"Or maybe you just don't act enough like a girl, and my behaviour is completely normal", he replied.

"Sure, if you want to think that", I said. And he chuckled. This was nice, just having a pointless conversation with someone. maybe it wasn't going to be that bad here.

***

"Do you have any classes with me today?" Jason asked. We were seated on a bench outside, eating our breakfast.

"I have no idea", I answered, grabbing my schedule out of my bag, "Okay, so today I have algebra, then biology, then English and then Latin."

"You have Latin? Impressive", he said surprised, "There are only, like, three people in that class."

"Yeah, I had Latin and Greek back in London, and I needed one more subject, so I thought, let's go for Latin, since that's easier for me."

Jason smiled, "Anyways, I think we have algebra and English together today."

"Great", I hoped I wouldn't have to sit alone.

The bell rang just when I finished my food. I got up and turned to Jason, "Wouldn't want to be late for my first class here, right?"

He chuckled and gathered his stuff before standing up, "Of course not".

We started walking towards the other side of the building, the one I had never been before. Jason opened the door and we walked in. "How do you not get lost in here?" I wondered.

"It's not hard to find your way, for all the 'extra' classes you have to be on the first floor, like your dance classes and my music things. Second floor is the language-department, and all the other subjects are on third floor, you know, the science related stuff. And math", he explained.

"Okay, so for algebra we have to go to the third floor?" I asked when we arrived at the staircase.

"Exactly".