{23}

Dinah and Camila had been FaceTiming for the past six hours. Literally. Six. Hours.

They weren't really talking about much, they just wanted to keep each other company.

"Camila, look at this." Dinah said over the phone.

Camila looked at her screen. "Oh my god, Dinah what the hell?" she laughed a bit.

Dinah was balancing herself on only her head. Or, trying to at least. "I've been practicing, that's how bored you know I am over here."

"And now all the blood is rushing to my head."

Camila sighed. "I don't think I'll ever understand you, Dinah Jane." she joked.

Dinah fell flat on her back, yelling in pain. "FUCK! That was a bad idea.."

Camila was thoroughly amused by this. "Like I said, I will never be able to understand you."

Dinah turned her attention back to the screen. "Eh," she shrugged. "Not many people do."

They talked for only a bit more, and then it was time for the girls to depart from each other once again.

"Lots of love, baby." Dinah said, making a duck face and the heart gesture with her hands. "Call me tomorrow around the same time again, I'll be waiting to see your gorgeous face again."

Camila rolled her eyes. "Wow, gee, what a flirt you are. I'm in such a flirtatious mood."

Dinah scoffed. "Sarcasm is all I ever get out of you." she pouted.

"I love you, Dinah." the Cuban-Mexican added with a grin. "More than you'll ever know."

"That's better." Dinah smiled, blowing her a kiss. "See ya around, Walz."

"Yep, bye China." Camila replied, and then reached for the hang up button to end their call.

Camila sighed. Tomorrow was going to be another really boring day of school. She was a bit anxious because Kehlani hadn't bothered her since the incident at Normani's party.

Now it was really time for her to man up.

This time, she was not going to be pushed around by someone like her.

~

"Mila, you got any food?" Normani asked, walking up to the Cuban-Mexican's locker.

Of course it was that time of day. Normani always came by around fourth period to ask for something to eat.

"No, Mani, and if I did I would've already eaten it." Camila told her with slight amusement. "Lunch is literally one period away."

Normani groaned. "Mila, I can't be this gorgeous without snacking at least every hour in the day."

"Bye Mani!" Camila yelled across the hallway, heading to her next class.

She laughed to herself a bit, but then remembered where she was going.

It was time for gym. And Kehlani was going to be in there with her.

As she walked into the gym, and into the girl's locker room, Camila checked her surroundings cautiously. Kehlani was probably going to pop out at any moment and basically beat her up.

But as she got changed for class, she watched everyone else as they walked into the room, and noticed that Kehlani was nowhere to be found.

That was odd, since she was rarely ever late.

Camila walked out of the locker room when she was ready for the class, and that's when she saw it.

Kehlani was just sitting in one of the bleachers, staring up at the ceiling like she was in deep thought.

Her eyes were read, it seemed, and perhaps she had been crying.

Not wanting to get involved, Camila awkwardly walked past her, going over to where her class would be.

"Oi, Cabello." called Kehlani's voice across the gym.

The Cuban-Mexican froze, then turned back around ever so slowly.

"Y-Yes?" Camila asked with a stutter. She was more nervous than shocked that Kehlani was actually talking to her.

"Come sit with me for a sec." Kehlani told her.

Camila did as she was told, and went to go sit next to the girl.

Once she was seated, Kehlani continued to talk. "I'm sorry for what I tried to do with Dinah. And uh, everything before that too." she mumbled.

Camila sat there, cocking an eyebrow.

Where was this coming from?

"Are you feeling okay?" she asked, kind of concerned.

Kehlani smiled sadly. "I dunno. I've been in such an emotional fucking phase lately, and realized how much of a bitch I've been. People are saying Dinah left now because of me."

Camila sighed. So that's what this is really about.

"She left because her aunt got legal custody of her." the Cuban-Mexican explained. "You aren't even remotely at fault here."

Kehlani stared at her in awe. "You mean she doesn't hate me?"

The girl's voice sounded so fragile, it was almost abnormal to hear.

"Well, I wouldn't go that far." Camila mused. "I mean, like you said, you've been a pretty big bitch lately."

Kehlani laughed a bit at this.

"Hey, Cabello." she spoke up once more.

Camila nodded at her, a gesture for her to continue.

"I'm sorry too, by the way. I promise you that I'm gonna try to respect your relationship." Kehlani said. "And I said try, so that promise basically meant nothing."

Camila wasn't sure whether to be scared or happy that Kehlani was actually apologizing. But for the time being, she decided to let it slide and just accept it.

"Yeah, no hard feelings. And thanks, it's kind of a relief actually." she explained. "I kinda got the memo that you were calling me over to beat me up or something."

Kehlani's eyes went wide, but then she immediately started cracking up.

"You're funny, Canola. I'm calling a truce here, unless I, for some reason, start hating your guts again." she replied.

Smiling to herself, Camila got up from the bleachers.

"Good enough for me." she answered. "Well, see you around then. Class is about to start."

"Yep." Kehlani replied.

It seemed as though the times were changing. Perhaps there would be nothing else to be afraid of anymore.

Camila felt as though she had finally tied up the loose ends of her life.

The only thing left was bringing her girlfriend back.

~