{19}

A/N: angsty chapter ahead, children.

The girls were sitting in silence at their lunch table.

"Okay, now I'm really fucking worried." Lauren sighed. "Mani isn't answering my calls, my texts, or my-"

Ally's ringer started going off in that moment. Camila, Dinah, and Lauren's jaws all dropped when they saw who was calling.

It was Normani, of course.

Ally didn't hesitate, and she answered as fast as she could. "Hello? Mani?" she questioned the caller.

"Hey." was the only reply she got. It was definitely Normani, but her voice was rather raspy and tired. There was a bit of an echo too, so if anyone listened closely enough, they could probably tell she was in the bathroom.

"What's happening hon? Can we come see you?" Ally asked.

Normani paused, and sniffled a bit. "It doesn't matter. I've made up my mind." she said only above a whisper.

Lauren's eyes widened. "What does she mean by that? Mani!" she yelled. "Where the fuck are you?"

Normani started sobbing. "I can't." was all she said before hanging up.

"She's obviously in a bathroom." Dinah jumped in. "We need to go now, and find her."

"I'd think she would need Lo the most." Camila added. "We can search as many bathrooms as possible, but does anyone have any idea where she might be exactly?"

Ally pondered over it. "Maybe the one by the school entrance, because she didn't show up to any classes today, much less her locker. So that means she never-"

Lauren began sprinting out of the lunch room, not caring about anything else.

"Shit!" Dinah facepalmed herself. "Okay, lets go look for Mani in the other bathrooms then. Lo's definitely got that one covered."

With that, they all made their exit.

Lauren made sure to be cautious enough so that she wouldn't collide with any students or teachers as she ran.

Not like she cared if she ran into anyone either way. She just needed to reach her girlfriend before anything happened.

What the hell was Normani thinking anyway?

As she rounded yet another corner, a teacher spotted her.

"Hey!" the teacher yelled after her.

Of fucking course. Lauren rolled her eyes. But she didn't stop. She kept going. She was determined.

The teacher seemed to give up on her anyway. Lauren was only chased for a bit, but proved to be too fast.

At that point, Lauren reached the bathroom Normani was believed to be in.

And for some reason, the door was closed shut.

Lauren reached for the handle, only to find that it wouldn't budge. It was locked.

The green eyed girl started banging her fists on it without any warning. "Normani!" she yelled. "Open this door right now!"

She couldn't loose the person she loved this way. It was clear now what Normani's intentions were.

"Please!" Lauren cried. "I love you, and I'm sorry for fighting with you! So just open the door!"

And as if her prayers were answered, the Cuban girl heard a click.

She tried the door again, and it swung right open. Mostly because she basically yanked it open.

Lauren stepped in, closed the door, locked it, and quickly ran to her girlfriend who had only slumped up against the wall again.