Chapter 4

*Dani's POV*

I woke up and all I could hear were the soft heartbeats of Sam and Dad. The sun was barely raising so I knew that it was almost or a little after 7 am. I barely moved enough to get my phone and check the time. The clock read 7:18 so I figured that it was best to wake them up. I turned over to face my sleeping wife. Her hair was all over her face so I brushed some aside. I watched Dad stir and sit up.

"Do I have enough time to shower?" He whispered.

"Yeah. Just hurry." I whispered back.

He got clothes out of his suitcase and went into the bathroom. I laid there looking at Sam for a few more seconds before I brushed her hair back and kissed her forehead.

"Time to wake baby." I whispered.

"Don't wanna." She replied sleepily.

"I know but you have to. You can sleep in the truck more if you want." I told her.

"Okay. That works. Can you get me some clean clothes?" She said.

"Already ahead of you." I replied tossing the clothes to her.

I quickly changed my clothes and packed the dirty away. Sam tossed me her dirty clothes so I could pack them as well. I put the half empty bottle of Jim Beam in my suitcase and zipped it up.

"Are we stopping to get breakfast?" Sam asked me pulling her boots on.

"Of course we are. We're just waiting for Dad to get out of the shower before we leave." I told her.

As if on cue Dad came walking out of the bathroom. He sat down on the end of his bed and pulled his boots on.

"Are we ready?" I asked.

"Yeah looks like it." Dad replied.

"Okay. You two take the suitcases down to the truck while I go check out." I told them.

Sam picked up our suitcases and the duffel bag while Dad picked up his suitcase. I opened the door for them and let it close behind me. I unplugged my phone charger and put it my purse. I made sure I had everything that was left of our and went down to check out. After stopping at McDonalds for breakfast we headed for Scranton.

*Sam's POV*

I pulled into Chris' driveway. It was around 5:30 in the afternoon. Dani was curled up in the backseat asleep. She has driven from her hometown to the West Virginia-Pennsylvania stateline. We stopped at a gas station to fill up and that's when I made her switch with me. Me and Dad climbed out and Chris came out.

"I see you all made it. Where's Dani?" He said.

"Backseat." I told him.

He opened the door and that caused Dani to pop awake.

After her heart slowed down she looked at Chris and said, "Open the other one next time."

"I'll remember that." He laughed.

"You look funny without eyebrows." She noted causing me and Dad to laugh.

"Fuck. Knew I missed something. Come on in. Everybody is in the living room." He told us.

Dani got her homemade Misfits pillow, which was just the back of her old Misfits shirt cut off and sewn together with another piece of fabric and stuffed with the guts of a pillow, and her Misfits blanket before shoving them back into the duffel bag then we followed Chris inside.

"Wow Chris nice place." I said looking at everything.

"Thanks. You can leave your bags there. Sabrina will come and take them to your rooms." Chris told us.

We dropped the bags by the front door and I let the door close behind me.

"Guess who's here!" Chris yelled.

We rounded the corner and walked into the living room.

"Hey guys." Dani said.

The guys except for Balz were gathered on the various couches with their girlfriends/wives including Kuza and Franccesca and Kyle and Eri. Sabrina was sitting on a loveseat by herself waiting for Chris to sit back down.

"Hey. About time you all got here." Jenn said.

"Yeah, Elisabeth has been asking when she was gonna get to see you two." Ricky added.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"Out back jumping on Chris' trampoline. Brandon is with her. She about dragged him out there. She's been attached to him since we got here." Jenn told us.

"I'm guessing she didn't take the news well." Dani said.

"Not at all. She's scared that if she doesn't have him in her sight at all times he's gonna go before she can say goodbye." Ricky replied.

"Let's not get into that right now. I'm guess you all are hungry. Why don't we get ready and go out to dinner." Chris suggested.

We all agreed.

"Where do we wanna go? Please don't say Buffalo Wild Wings. I'll puke if I see another wing." Jenn said.

"How about Olive Garden? I've been craving Italian." Sabrina suggested.

We all agreed except for Dad.

"If it's okay with Chris I'd like to say here and relax. I've had enough of being in that truck." He said.

"It's fine with me. There stuff in the kitchen and blood in the wine chiller." Chris replied.

I nearly had a heart attack when Chris said that because I wasn't sure if Kyle and Eri knew.

"We know Sam. It's fine." Kyle said.

"How?" I asked.

"Werewolf. If the place wasn't full of your kind you would have smelt us. We've been told that we smell digusting." Eri said.

"I'm sure that's not true." Dani said.

Kyle walked over to us and stood still for a second. That gave us enough time to get a whiff of him.

"I guess it is true. It has an animal edge that is unpleasant." Dani noted.

"See. Told you." Kyle laughed.

Everybody was finally ready so we headed out for the restaurant.

*Later that night- Dani's POV*

Me and Sam settled into our bed and she was snuggled up to me.

"Brandon doesn't look good does he?" She whispered.

"No he doesn't. It's where he can't keep blood down so it's not doing its job." I whispered in reply.

"I wish there was something we could do. I don't want to sit here and watch him waste away." Sam whispered.

"I don't want to either. Unless there's a cure out there that we don't know about to a disease we don't know the name of, there's nothing we can do." I whispered to her.

She didn't say anything after that and I drifted off the sleep a little while later.