Chapter 7

"You hate me." I said.

"I don't." he replied.

"You hate me." I retorted.

"I don't." he replied.

"You do."

"But I don't!"

"You don't see me in your future."

"I don't huh?"

"You said it yourself: you want a wife and kids. I can't give you that. I can never. And I want it, so much. I want to give you a family more than anythin in the world, Hunter. You have plans. You have everythin planned," I took a deep shaky breath. "I have nothin."

"You're right, I won't deny that" Hunter confessed.

"Right about which part exactly?"

"That I had plans. And yes, they didn't involve a guy, but hear me out please."

I contained my words, emotions, and feelings, set them aside, and waited on him to finish. I owed him that at least.

"For a couple months or so, I didn't even know who you are. If we go 4 months back, I wouldn't have known I liked guys at all. Had it not been for that effing magazine I saw in my dorm, I wouldn't have come to terms with who I am, and I don't have any problems with my self-identity. On the contrary, I'm comfortable with it," He sighed heavily. "But yeah, things change, and I changed too. Then I met you and I knew for sure I didn't mind being with you, a boy, at all. In fact, I wanted to be with you so damn much, though the things stopping me from making everything happen as planned are the minor details surrounding it."

Well, when he put it like that, it made more sense, and less crazy.

"I will never not include you in 'us' Jack. You and me, together survive. Yes, we don't see each other a lot, and yes, we don't see eye to eye sometimes, and I know you're not gonna be able to be pregnant...Honestly if I didn't know the last one it would be catastrophic."

I couldn't not laugh when this giant hunk next to me giggled.

He was a small boy in a huge body.

I didn't notice his hand was on my lips at first. He brushed his thumb against the corner of my mouth.

"Now please, smile again because I don't think I can take more frowns."

He was sadly right.

"When do you leave again?" I asked the bitter question, but I needed to know.

"Here's the thing." I did not like where that was going. "I won't be able to come back for a long time."

Yup, I didn't need to know.

Was I surprised, though? Never.

Nothing life threw my way surprised me.

Living in America was never in my wildest dreams. Yet there I was.

Being with ridiculously gorgeous boyfriend wasn't too. Yet there I was.

So finding out the guy I wanted to do nothing but hold him forever was gonna be gone for a long while did everything but surprise me.

"Did you call me here to hurt me more, or you had other plans too?" I wanted to mentally note how strong I was for not crying then and there.

"I wish I didn't call you but I have no one here but you and I don't trust anyone more than I trust you." his hands engulfed my arms from the sides. "I need you to take care of Spencer and yourself. He's moving in with mom here in Rivertown a few minutes away from here, but she's equally mentally unstable."

My throat was getting dryer. "You're puttin a lot of faith in one really skinny person who can't protect a bug."

"I know, but I promise you Jack, I'll make it up to you." he wrapped me in his arms for one last time.

I did not know what to process first. Even a checklist wouldn't sum up and organise all the things I had to do.

I needed to check up on Ryder first and foremost. Then I needed to have a long talk with Spencer and what was going on his life that lead him to try what he did.

I also had to prepare for my upcoming finals. Funny how they were my biggest priority just a few weeks back.

After all that is done, I had to prepare my mind mentally for a good few days, and think about what the hell was I going to do with my supposedly relationship status.

The talk with Hunter felt faintly like a breakup conversation. It felt like he was breaking up with me. My heart breaking at his every word didn't help the situation any further.

Though I wasn't gonna let that get to my head. I decided to keep it where it belonged. Right there in my heart. For my mind felt like it was having a few minds of its own.

More soon.

How are you persons and animals enjoying the story. Though honestly, is anyone really 'enjoying' since ever Stepbrothers ended? Rivertown went straight down hill afterwards. Gonna be CanyonTown soon just wait.

Vote. Comment. Suggest. Criticise. Don't correct my grammar and spelling or else.