22) The Talk (Lee-Ann)

I’m standing over by Fred and Jane. She is a lot calmer now than she was an hour ago. Fred still looks angry; I can understand why. I look around at the four dead bodies in from of us. Glen killed each and every single one these men without a second thought. Something happened to him out there. I look to where he stands over by Kenny. They are talking. I don’t know how to feel about that. Just a little while ago, Kenny tried to tackle him. They don’t seem to be arguing. I wonder what their talking about.

“They seem to be getting along better.” I turn to look at who is speaking to me; it’s Izz. I shrug.

“As long as they don’t kill each other I’m good.” Izz laughs.

“We could use Glen. We need somebody other than me that can make the hard decisions.” I look at her baffled.

“So, you think Kenny can’t make the hard decision?” She shakes her head.

“No, he can. I’m talking about killing people. Kenny is an amazing leader. I believe in him, but he has conscious that keeps him from doing some of things ne needs to. Not saying that he can’t, because he can. It’s just easier if somebody else can do it for him.” I let out a breath I didn’t realize I was holding.

“Glen has a conscious too.” Izz smirks.

“As do I. We are just colder than others.” I roll my eyes.

“Glen isn’t you.” Her smirk gets wider.

“No, but I was just like him at one point.” With that Izz walks away. I’m not too sure what she means by that, I just shrug it off. Glen looks at me on and off through his conversation with Kenny.

After a while of watching Kenny and Glen converse, they stop. I let out another breath. I relax. I was standing on edge through their entire conversation. I watch as Glen makes his way to me. He has a distant look on his face.

“How’d that go?” I try to sound as optimistic as possible. It wasn’t that long ago that I lost control of body while being with Kenny. I have guilt in my stomach as I speak. I’m not exactly sure why. Glen and I were never intimate. I shouldn’t be feeling this massive feeling of guilt in the pit of my stomach. I force a smile. Glen shakes his head.

“It went fine. We came to an agreement.” My curiosity takes over.

“On what?” What did this mean?

“Kenny thinks that I could prove to be an advantage. I told him I had no interest in being a part of this whatever it is, but he came up with a suggestion.” I nod in understanding. “He wants to make a move on one of Greyson’s Weapon Facilities. Nobody knows more about them than I do. He said that if I help him break into the Weapon’s base, I can have my choice of weapons and be on my way. I agreed.” I just stare at him. I knew Kenny wanted to get more weapons but I just didn’t think he wanted to do it that way. I sure didn’t think there would be a chance that Glen would help.

“But, why?” Glen shrugs.

“As much as it pains me to say this, I need him and much as ne needs me. This will work in both our favors. Just because I don’t want to be a part of this doesn’t mean I don’t commend him for what he’s doing. Anything that hurts Greyson, I one hundred percent support.”  He shifts and tightens his grip on his bag. I notice that it looks different.

“That’s new.” He looks at the bag, then back to me.

“Yeah. I got a new one.” I hate this. All we are doing is making small talk when there is so much to say, that neither of want to say.

“So, where are you sleeping until the break in?” Glen shrugs.

“Outside I figure. Why?”

“You can stay in my tent with me.” That didn’t come out right, at all. He gives me a weird look.