Chapter Fifteen: Paranoia the Destroyer

“Almost cheated? That was what you were arguing about. What the fuck does that mean?” Jude asked as he traced his fingers across my window sill. “Was it just the tip?”

I threw a pillow at him, shaking my head, as a devious grin crept across his face. “No. Asshole. He just got aroused is all, but he walked away before things went any further.”

Jude let out a laugh. “Aroused? Excuse me. So everything stemmed from him getting a hard on from All the Way Niall. I'm surprised Niall let him get away considering the big fat crush he has on Aidan. I’m sure he’ll have some fantastic dreams for the next few days. He’s probably touching himself right now just thinking about it.”

I rolled my eyes, completely ignoring Jude’s crude sense of humor. If this was his way of making me feel better about the whole situation, it wasn’t working. Of course he continued, making moaning sounds at me, until I paid attention to him.

"Oh god, Aidan! Yes!" he moaned, not being able to continue without laughing. 

“Could you focus? I have an A in Calculus unlike you,” I retorted as I flicked through the pages of our textbook. “The test is tomorrow, Jude. If you don’t pass, you’ll have to repeat the class.”

Jude’s eyes flickered to mine, as he flipped his messy black hair out of his face. He rolled his eyes groaning as he plopped down onto my bed beside me. I handed him his notebook, attempting to teach him the problems step by step, but he couldn’t stay focus. Every little thing distracted him.

“This is stressing me out,” he huffed as he pulled a cigarette from out of his pocket. I grabbed his arm as soon as he pulled his lighter out.

“Jude, not in the house,” I said shoving him off of my bed as he stuck the bud into his mouth. “My mother would kill me.”

“Ok dad,” he muttered sarcastically as he walked out of my backdoor. He returned a minute or two later, finally ready to learn.

“If I had known a cigarette would get you to focus like this, I would have told you to smoke one a long time ago,” I retorted as he started working through the problems.

“I’m actually trying to quit,” he said his eyes not leaving the paper. “You’re a bad influence, Kyle.”

His lips turned up into a smile as he finished it, handing it to me. “Ok, Teacher, I’m finished.”

I grabbed the paper, scanning my eyes along the problems for a moment. He had gotten every single one right. There was not a single mistake. Damn. Was I that good of a teacher?

“So do I get a gold star?” Jude teased raising an eyebrow at me. I scribbled an A+ on his paper, circling it before handing it back to him. He hopped off of my bed, shouting about how he was going to ace the test tomorrow.

“I knew you could do it,” I grinned. “You just had to focus. You’ll do fine on that test tomorrow.”

“If I pass, promise me, we’ll go out and celebrate,” he replied. “Please. I promise I’ll be on my best behavior.”

I scoffed. “You? On your best behavior? I’d love to see that. I guess we can hang out, Jude. Probably not tomorrow though, Aidan has a game.”

Jude groaned. “And you can’t skip one game? He wouldn’t even notice if you weren’t there. But if you must be all-caring loyal boyfriend go ahead. I’ll just get wasted alone in my room. Hey. On second thought, maybe I’ll just call Niall. I haven’t gotten laid in decades it feels like. He’d definitely relieve some of this tension.”

I rolled my eyes, making a sound of disgust. “You wouldn’t? That’s gross. He’s done things with half of the guys on the tennis team and other male cheerleaders. He’s a complete manwhore.”