Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I do not own Kuroshitsuji or any of the charecters except for my OC Mai

Chapter 1 

        It was a rainy Tuesday at the Phantomhive manor. Ciel was going on with his usual daily tasks, when he heard someone knock at the door. He heard Sebastien open the door, and start talking to the mysterious guest. A few minutes later Sebastien knocked on the door of the study. "Come in", Ciel spoke. Sebastien enters with a small girl a few years older than Ciel following slowly behind. "Young Master", Sebastien greets Ciel while bowing gracefully, "this is Lady Mai of the Edgar estate and she requests to speak with you", Gesturing to the girl slightly behind him. Ciel noticed her extremely long hair; with bangs the length of the undertaker's showing just enough of her face to see one of her golden green eyes. She was wearing a green dress with black trim. "She has informed me that she knows the whereabouts of the killer we've been looking for." Ciel looks at Sebastien after looking over his guest, "thank you Sebastien, you may go now." Sebastien bows again before leaving the room. "Have a seat and tell me what you know." 

        He watched Mai sit across from him, and he notices the tears forming in her showing eye. "I saw him. He was in my house." She spoke quietly while Ciel sits there looking bored, yet focused on what she was saying. "I saw him", she repeated, "He didn't see me, but I-I saw him. He killed my parents, and I then remember hearing that you guys were looking for him." She said this while letting her tears flow freely. 

        "Do you know where he is?" Ciel asked a few moments later after remembering his own parents were killed. Mai looked up after temporarily forgetting he was there. "He ran towards the abandoned church not far from my house. 

Mai's P.O.V 

        I woke up early the next morning and found a baby blue dress lying on the end of the bed. I got dressed and started wandering around the Phantomhive manor. After a few minutes of aimlessly walking about, I realized that I was lost. I continued walking around, but now trying to find my way back to the room I woke up in or the front door, so I can get my bearings. A few minutes later of still being lost, I heard foot steeps. I picked up my pace towards the sound and found my to what I think is where the servants live. Then I saw a tall dark figure starting to walk towards me. He wasn't the far away when I realized that it's the butler that greeted me yesterday when I first showed up at this Manor. "Miss. Mai, Are you lost?" Sebastian asked me and I could see a hint of a smile on his face. "Yes, I was trying to find the main door, and I heard your footsteps, so I thought that you could help me find my way back." I replied "Right this way, I think my Master wants to talk to you." He said while leading me back the way I came and to Ciel's study. 

        When I entered Ciel's study I saw him doing just about the same thing he was doing yesterday. I barley heard what he was saying because I was still shaken up about what happened yesterday. I did hear the important parts though. He said that he's going to investigate the church that I mentioned yesterday and that I can stay at his manor until I can contact any of my family members. After he said that I insisted that I work for him as a maid because it felt wrong to me to not contribute while I'm living at his manor. He said that if I felt so strongly about it that I can help around the house tomorrow. 

        For the rest of the day I mainly watched Ciel do his work, while Sebastian brought us some wonderfully smelling tea, lunch, and some cake. After Ciel finished his work we played a few games of chess, I won the second game that we played. When it was time for dinner Sebastian led us to the dining area. On our way there the maid bumped into me, 'bumped' being a nice way to say 'knocked into me, making me lose my balance and fall onto my butt'. "I'm so sorry miss, yes I am!" she said while helping me up. "Its okay, no one got hurt." I replied while flattening my dress. "I'm Mey-Rin nice to meet you" she said while extending her hand for me to shake. While shaking her hand I replied "It's nice to meet you Mey-Rin. I'm Mai".

Ciel's P.O.V 

        After Mey-Rin apologized to Mai, Mai and I ate dinner as I told her my plans to go to the church with Sebastian. I told her that I'm going to investigate where the killer went to see if there is any clues to whom or where he is. After dinner and dessert Sebastian and I went to the church. We got off the carriage a block before the church to not draw to much attention. While we were walking towards the church I told Sebastian how I don't exactly trust Mai. Sebastian replied by saying, "But why young master? She's seems to trust you, and Mey-Rin seems to like."  

"But I don't trust her" 

"She doesn't seem untrustworthy, and she did give us the location of the killer you've been looking for." 

"How do you trust her so much that you can defend her, Sebastian?" 

I looked over at his face and see that smile on his face that he gives those cats while playing with them. "Sebastian. Are you thinking about cats again?"  

"Young Master, you should keep your voice lower. We're getting closer to the church, and I don't think you want the killer to here you, do you?"

Mai's P.O.V 

        I didn't have anything to do, and Mey-Rin is probably busy, so obviously not learning from before, I started to wander around again. This time I went outside. I was making sure to stay close to the house to make sure I don't get lost. That's when I saw a familiar looking boy weeding the yard. "Hey!" I shouted at I'm while running towards him and wondering if it's the same boy. He looks up with confusion on his face. I knew this was the same boy now, and it was I realized that he probably didn't remember me. I stopped running towards him as he got up and asking "who are you?" 

"I'm Mai. I saw you at the lab on the first day I was there. I was getting dragged into the lab when I first saw you. I introduced myself to you when I tried to break free the first time. I ran into you in the hallway." 

        The confusing disappeared slowly from his face as he stepped closer. He pulled me into a hug as I remembered how strong he was. "What happened to after that? Did you get away?" he asked after releasing me from the hug. "They re-captured me and brought me back too testing," I replied, "They weren't injecting me with the same stuff they were injecting you and the others with. They serum had a side effect that made me weaker." "What did they inject you with?' he asked. 

"Cat DNA. They wanted to see how it would affect humans. Me and a few others were injected with the serum"