Chapter 5{Charity}

No argument?

"Are you joking? I've survived enough years by myself, what I don't need is a handout."

I didn't care to wait for him to leave the room. I went to the practically empty closet watching a small beetle a scurry for cover and grab the bottle of gin. A grunt of annoyance comes from behind me as Noah sits in the chair.

"I am not offering you charity! Your one of my closest friends."

Unscrewing the cap of the bottle I watch as the chair crumples under his weight and he falls to the floor. Letting out a low chuckle I take a swig from the bottle and walk around the island. Placing the bottle on the counter I brush my hand on my mouth to catch and liquid left.

"That says something about you. And it's not too good my friend."

I offer him my hand and he clasps it pulling himself up and me closer to him. Our chests slam together as a light buzz stings my head. I barely feel the gin anymore just the heat of his body against mine. Noah is so close to me.

"I don't care what it says about me, Athena."

"You barely call me anymore."

My voice sounds breathy and sad. I turn away from him and walk out of his muscular arms. Grabbing the bottle I air my insecurities and take another swig.

"You know I get caught up in work, I have no one to remind me to stop. Its not like you ever text me first anyway you cheeky minx.

My eyes look up into his, a smile spreading on his lips as a giggle slips out of my lips. That gin was stronger than I remember. My phone starts to ring as I put a finger up to my mouth to motion Noah silent.

"Mom is going to sell my virginity, to a man named Lucifer Black. I need your help Thena. He's coming for me at noon tomorrow."

The panic in her voice was real as I heard her crying softly over the phone. My mom must have gotten real desperate to pull this kind of shit.

"Fuck Karina, I'll be there as soon as I can. I need you to run to our old place. The train will take 4 hours to get there so you need to hide well. I love you."

My eyes shoot over to Noah who had started to clench his fists and I hear a faint yes and love you before Karina cuts off the call.

"We are taking my private jet. You will not argue with me."

My voice goes silent as I hold the bottle to me and place it on the counter nodding my head.

"I owe you one, fucking hell more like a hundred favors."

Noah nods his own as he goes to make a call and I quickly go to change in my room. Grabbing my only pair of sweatpants I throw them under my dress. Praying I could sew it when I get back I grimace throwing it on my bed. Grabbing an old green flannel I throw it on and grab my leather jacket.

I'm slipping it on as I spot Noah pacing my small kitchen examining it for food.

"There's nothing in there, Noah."

He blinks in surprise at me and I sigh rummaging my pocket to pull out a snack size bag. I was going to save it for later but if he needed it.

"I've got some stale fish crackers in here somewhere if your really hungry."

He shook his head at me and I shrug opening the bag and eating the cheesy snack.

"The driver will be here any second now, we should be outside waiting if we want to be quick and get to your sister."

I nod my head quickly, going to grab my knife I had strapped under the broken chair. I place the sheathe under my sweatpants and slide them back down my leg.

"Don't you want to pack anything else?"

Noah's voice sounds confused as he looks at me. I grab the liquor and shake the phone and the bottle.

"I've got all I need."

and he didn't know how much of a lie my statement was.