Chapter 3{or die, Bitch!}

I had just about finished with cleaning up the mess left by Noah's much older business partners. As I scrub the last of the crumbs of bread off the table I smile.

"I think that's the last of it. You can stop before those hands of your start to bleed."

Laughing at the deep voice of my boss, I tuck back, the brown curl which had snuck its way from behind my ear. Turning to the 6'3 man, his dark complexion alluring under the lights of the club.

"Darian, when did you start to care if my hands bleed or not?"

The pretend Italian accent came out of my mouth as I exaggerated my hand gestures. The rag swinging around the water droplets flung to the ground. A smile works it's way on the usually stoic 27 year olds face.

"Hey you do this favor for me because we're family."

Darian's accent was much more amusing because he had always sucked at it. A small laugh escapes me as I try and cover it up as I set the rag back into the cleaning supplies.

"I swear your accent gets worse every time you try to do it."

His deep booming laughter resounds throughout the private dining room over looking the club. I pick up the plastic container holding the squirt bottles and rags.

"Your the one with the Italian blood. I'm from South Africa for goodness sakes!"

He winks at me and I laugh shaking my head at him. Checking my cheap watch I see the time reaching a dangerous hour.

"Boss, the club's going to open up in an hour. You better round up the night staff, I'll be heading home after cleaning this all up."

I turn away from him my attitude more serious and monotone. As he clears his throat I feel the awkwardness slide around us like a slippery rag dragging on the table.

"Of course Athena, have a good night now. Be safe out there in the big apple all alone."

For some reason his tone seems a little too serious for my liking. He left the room after that and I set about finishing my cleaning.

**

Just as I was putting the dishes away, I notice it's 15 minutes til opening and I should get a move on. The lights were being turned on and I wave my goodbyes to the crew setting up.

Throwing on my winter coat over my dress. I sigh in contempt as I start my way down the darkening filled streets. The crowd outside the club overwhelming as I keep my head down. Elbowing my way through the crowds I hurry down the block.

"Miss?"

An arm grips mine as they pull me into a dark corner. In the alley I turn my head for just a second and see a man pointing a gun straight at my face.

"Give me your money or die, Bitch!"

———

CLIFFHANGERS ARE A BUMMER.

But also the fact you haven't followed me yet is indeed also a bummer.

So go click that vote and share button and follow me to join my kingdom.

;) love you all

Queen Reign!!