Chapter 24 - Jade's Date with Jed: Part 2

--------------

be patient, everything doesn't have to work itself out today 

-------------

March 12, 2018: 12.46am. 

Jade tiptoed through the corridor of the hotel, before coming to a stop in front of Jesy, Leigh Anne and Perrie's room where they had been babysitting Laila for the evening. She couldn't hear any noise from inside the room which she considered a positive as she knocked gently on the door. 

Leigh Anne answered it quickly opening it wide to let her into the suite. 

"Hey, is she alright?" Jade whispered, seeing Perrie and Jesy sat watching a movie on the couch. 

"Yeah, she's asleep," Jesy explains standing up to show Jade into the bedroom where Laila was sprawled across the bed fast asleep one thumb in her mouth and the other hand holding the bunny and blanket tightly. 

"Ah, my sweet girl!" Jade enthused standing at the side of the bed and lifting the tiny six year old into her arms where she stirred slightly but quickly resettled into her arms. "Good girl, shh," 

"She was okay though?" Jade asks headed towards the door. 

"A few tears but we can talk in the morning, she needs to get back in bed," Jesy reassures, closing the door after Jade who quickly unlocked the door to their own smaller room.

"Thanks Jess, see you in the morning," Jade whispered as they both shut their own hotel room doors. "Lets get you to bed, baby," Jade mumbled into Laila's dark curly hair placing her down on one side of the bed while she untucked the sheets from the other and rolled her gently across as she made a satisfied content mumble in her sleep. 

With Laila tucked up in bed, Jade went into the bathroom to undress, take off her makeup and get ready for bed herself. She had a lovely evening with Jed, and wished it had been longer. He had bought her presents and they had enjoyed an early Valentines day meal. Neither could wait until they both had coordinating schedules and could see each other again, but she had missed her little girl! 

It took less then twenty minutes for Jade to change and she was tired by now and grateful to climb into the warm bed, where she quickly fell asleep. 

March 12, 2018: 7.29am. 

"Jade! You're here! I missed you!" Laila had just woken up rolled over and found she was in a different place to where she fell asleep and Jade was in the adjacent bed! Tripping over her own feet with the speed she was trying to move at, Laila threw herself at the still sleeping Jade squealing excitedly. 

"Woah! Yes, I'm here baby! I promised you I'd come back!" Jade said waking up suddenly and accepting the six year old into a big hug. 

"Yeah, you really did!" Laila giggled hysterically. 

"Yeah, you silly thing! Did you have fun with the girls?"  Jade asked. Laila just shrugged her shoulders, she didn't think last night would class as 'fun'. "Were you a good girl for me?" Jade smiles holding her tightly. 

"Umm- mmm-" Laila mumbled quietly looking at the floor before suddenly bursting into floods of tears. 

"Laila!? What's going on?" Jade asked quickly. 

"I-I no mean to do it!" she hiccups. 

"Do what? Laila, did something happen?" Jade whispered gently. 

"'orry! Accident!" Laila cries a whole bunch of gibberish attempting to push Jade away. 

"No, no. Don't push me," Jade scolds lightly. "Tell me what's going on? Why are you so upset..."