Chapter 6

I had no where to go, I walked all night trying to find anywhere to stay the night, I climbed a fence to an empty field and walked towards some trees, I dropped my bag on the floor and laid out a cover. I looked up at the night sky wondering what everyone was doing, I turned on to my side an fell a sleep, dreaming of a life where I didn't have to hide from anyone.

I woke up to the blinding sun, I hid my suitcase in a bush and headed for school, I wasn't actually going into school. I finally made it to the school, I stood at the fence and stared at the picnik benches, Alfie was sat there, looking down at a red rose. The bell went moments later, Alfie got up and place the rose on the table then left, I walked into the school, looking around for teachers or any students who might recongise me, I picked up the rose which had a message tied to it, it read: 'Alex, I'm sorry for leaving you the other night but please come home, I miss you so much. Alfie. P.S I knew you would come to school not to attend lessons but to see if I was there, I love you, stay safe. Til we meet again, Alfie x'

I wrote on the back of the note, 'Alfie, thanks for the rose, I'm sorry for running away but I can't stay there any longer and put everyone in danger. So I'm leaving, I don't know how long for, I'm sorry, I love you, I will try and stay safe. Alex x'

I picked up a rock and place it on top of the note then left looking back at the picnik table, I stayed outside the school's fence looking at the picnik table. At break I saw Alfie walk back to the bench, he picked up the note then looked around, he spotted me and ran towards me, I started to walk down the path.

"ALEX! PLEASE COME BACK!"

I didn't turn round, I kept on walking, something grabbed my arm and stopped me, a arm wrapped round my waist and pulled me back, another held me tight.

"Please don't go."

I turned round and hugged him back, it started to rain, I looked at him, tears rolled down his face, he kissed me lightly on the lips, a kiss in the rain, so romantic, so sweet, he pulled away and hugged my tighter.

"Please just don't leave me."

At that moment I realised I was so wrong, I shouldn't be leavong the house 'cause I was in trouble, I shouldn't be leaving at all, I should stay 'cause of the boy I love.

"I won't leave you ever!"

We walked to the field where I hid my suitcase then walked home.

We finally got home, we walked into the living room and found Lewis a sleep on the sofa.

"He's the most vampire one out of all of us, sleeps through the day and wide awake through the night."

I laughed a little looking at the sleeping vamp tossing and turning then nearly falling off the small sofa, I wonder what he was dreaming about.

"Come on, lets unpack your things."

Alfie picked up my suitcase and walked up the stairs, he walked past his room and opened the door to my room, I stepped in and looked around my new room, it had changed alot, there was a swing hanging from the ceiling, autumn leaves scattered on the floor, the ceiling painted dark blue with stars and a crestent moon, it was like an autmn night in my room, it was beautiful.

"It's beautiful, I love it!"

"I'm glad you like it, we spent every minute of everyday til it was perfect."

"Thank you so much! But I'm going to miss sleeping next to you."

"Oh that reminds me, this is my room to."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

I hugged him tight, why couldn't things stay like this forever? I unpacked all my things with Alfie, I went back down the stairs and into the living room, hoping to catch Lewis as he woke up but he wasn't there, instead I found Stephanie, one of the residents of the house, her blonde hair always tide up in a bun, black framed glasses covered her blue eyes and you could always catch her reading a book with a intresting cover next to the fire in the living room. I sat down on the sofa Lewis had fell asleep on, I looked at the fire burning the wood black, thinking about why everyone round the house was so quiet and keep themselves to themselves, I then wondered where Jessica was, and where Lewis had got to. Stephanie looked up from her book to see a little girl kicking the air.