Ch 12. Tales we take to the grave

I sat with Alveraz waiting for the older man to reply after I told him about Miguel. The story sounded like something little girls dreamed about. A man walking into your life and trying to show you what love is again after your heart shattering. If I didn't live it I wouldn't believe it.
"So that's why he wants you to do his bidding?"Alvarez finally broke the silence.
"I suppose." I mused. "If I had known them what kind of man he was destined to become I would never have gotten involved." I let out a big sigh and placed a cigarette between my lips.
"Use it to your advantage." Alvarez spoke. "If he thinks you are his you have the upper hand."
"I'm not getting back into bed with the devil." I hissed at the older man.
"You may not have another choice."

I was pacing my apartment when EZ walked in. My face white as a sheet as I walked over to the man I loved.
"I need to tell you something." My voice cracked. "You may be angry." There was fear in his eyes as he sat down beside me. His emotions mixed as I told him as much or as little detail he wanted to know about my old affair.
"Did you love him?" His voice was barley above a whisper.
"No." I answered truthfully but Ezekiel looked unsure as he examined my face. "I loved you since you walked up to me that day in the library. You disappearing should have made me hate you but it didn't. You are the only person I have loved for the past eight years and that's not going to change." His features softened as he pulled me against him. Our lips like a magnetic pull to each other. Nothing could beat this feeling.
- - -
Flashback
"You seem like yourself again," Juice elbowed me in the ribs. "It's nice." I leaned my head on his shoulder a stupid grin permanently on my lips now.
"I think I was confused before." I confessed. "I think what Elliot and I had was a different kind of love. It was a young puppy kind of love. Still real but not in the same sense." Juice nodded along. "This." I let Pitt a breathy sigh my cheeks flushing. "This is the kind of love that people should write about. A feeling that can never be matched. This man could break my heart and I think I would thank him."
"I was beginning to think You Tellers didn't know how to love." Juice teased.
"I was to." I admitted. "EZ proved me wrong."
- -
EZ's big brown eyes stared at me longingly as we laid together. We were a tangle of bed sheets and naked skin as our breaths began to regulate.
"Maybe Alveraz was right," his statement caught me off guard as I sat up beside him. "Make him pretend like you're his, but never forget you're all mine." An evil little grin ticked EZ's lips as his eyes grew hungry for me again.
"Are you sure you want that? For me to get back into bed with the devil?" My voice was shaky.
"On one condition."
"Anything Mi Amor," I kissed him softly.
"Be my wife."