7

I wake up warm, warmer than usual. It's slightly comforting but the overbearing headache occupying my head takes it over. I groan and rub my fingers over my temples.
My headache momentarily fades away as I spot Zach. His eyes are closed softly and he has a slight smile painted on his sleeping face. I crack a smile as I observe him, lucky to have the man as my boyfriend.
The pain in my head suddenly spikes, sending a sharp jolt of pain through my entire head, instinctively causing me to yelp. Zach's eyes flutter open and he immediately sits up, seeing me in obvious pain.
"Oh god Eugene, are you okay?" He worriedly asks in a husky morning voice.
"Migraine. Bad." Is all I can mutter out.
"Oh god okay, let me get you some pain medicine and a cold washcloth, just a sec." The panic is evident in his voice. I don't argue.
He immediately gets up, heading into my kitchen. Cupboards open and close and the faucet turns on. He was presumably paniced, trying to find what he needs.
I feel helpless sitting on the sofa holding my head. I wasn't particularly used to people helping me like this, it isn't my cup of tea. But nonetheless, I comply, not able to do much else.
Zach hurries out of the kitchen, washcloth, pills, and water occupying his hands. His face is painted with worry as he sits down next to me.
"Here." He places the washcloth behind my neck, instant comfort takes over me.
"Take these, love." He hands me the pain relief pills. I put them in my mouth and wash them down with the water he had brung to me. He looks at me with soft, worried eyes.
"I'm gonna be okay. Please don't worry about me, Zach." I attempt to reassure him with a hoarse voice.
"It's impossible for me to not worry about you, just please let me help you today, it's the least I can do." He half begs. I nod in agreement and pull him into my arms.
He holds me tight, as do I. His hand rubs a comfortable circle into my back. The hug brings comfort, instead of the opposite as usual.
We pull back from the hug. Zach stares at me for a moment, not bothering to hide the fact that he is infact, staring.
When he comes back to his senses he explains:
"So I'm going to go grab you comfortable clothes and the blanket from your bed. Then you can go back to sleep if you'd like."
I want to tell him no, but I know better. It's not as if I'd be capable of doing on my own anyway. I decide instead to simply reply:
"Okay, thanks babe."
He nods then walks back to my room. It doesn't take him long to reappear, he comes back carrying my clothing and a huge comforter that englufs his body. He sits the blanket to the side and lays the clothes down right next to me.
"Arms up." He says, straight faced.
I half scoff "Really Zach?" He shoots me a look indicating he's absolutely serious.
Reluctantly, I lift my arms above my head, wincing as I slightly hit my head. Zach caresses the back of his hand across my cheek before gently removing my shirt. He gestures to my pants and I unbuckle them, instinctively I lift up my butt as he pulls them off. I mentally note that I have gained back enough strength to do at least that.
If it weren't for the incredible migraine I have, I'd be feeling risque, no doubt. There was no room for that now, though. Maybe another time.
Zach grabs the oversized sweater he picked out and slides it over my head, being rather gentle. He then assists me on sliding on the pajama pants.
"Let's get a bed made now, then we can cuddle back to sleep, how about that?" He suggests after we're done changing my clothes. I nod in response.
He gathers the pillows and arranges them on the sofa in a comfortable manner, he lays out a blanket to lay on, as well as the comforter to sleep with.
He helps me lie down on the bed he's just made. He places a pillow directly under my head and makes sure I'm completely covered up. My heart aches as I notice the amount of effort he's putting into making sure I'm okay.
After getting me situated, he slides under the covers with me. Instead of my arms around him, it's the opposite. He holds me as if he's holding a giant teddy bear, it's completely foreign yet completely safe.
It doesn't take long for me to fall asleep, I breathe in the scent of fresh linen and Zach's warmness as my eyes eventually flutter closed.