She's gone

*the next morning*

Jared and Tomo were sitting at breakfast and Shannon suddenly ran to them with a newspaper in his hand.

"Guys, problem." he sat breathless on a chair.

"For God's sake, you've lost your Teddy Bear." Jay said seriously.

"No, I have my Teddy."

"So what's up?"

"The driveway, after we came here yesterday, is whole destroyed." he explained.

"What does that mean to us?" Jay asked him.

"Well, that we won't get out of here."

"WAIT WAIT WAIT! What about our concert?!" Jared asked.

"Well, we will probably miss it today."

"There's got to be some other way to get out of here."

"Unfortunately, I already asked. This is the only driveway. It will take several days to repair it."

"What the hell are we going to do here?" Tomo asked.

"We can do a spiritistic session tonight." Shann shrugged and smiled.

"Hahaha really funny." Jay drank a cup of tea.

"And where is your new friend huh?"

"I do not know." he shrugged.

"She didn't wake me up at night, she didn't scare me to death and when I woke up in the morning, she wasn't anywhere."

"She is considerate." said Shann.

After breakfast, the boys have nothing to do, so they decided to have some fun. The owner of the hotel allowed them to move in areas where most of the guests can not go. They were hidden in the library. Jared sat on the ancient couch and played the guitar, Shannon and Tomo were playing chess. They tried to.

"One, two, three, four."  Shann skipped with his white figure over four places.

"What are you doing?" Tomo didn't understand what Shannon is doing.

"I'm going forward." Shann smiled. 

"See, I took you four figures."

"But this is not a checkers. You can not take my figures." Tomo replied.

"I've just invented a new game. I'm going to call it ... Hmm ... wait ... I got it. I'll call her Chesscheckers." he rubbed his chin.

"And the rules?"

"I have to think about them."

Jared ignored them. He started singing the second verse of Closer to the edge, when Mr. Martens came in to talk with him.

"This never ending story..."

"Excuse me, Mr. Leto." leaned over him.

"Yes?" he put away the guitar.

"We need to get to your room. You already know what happened to my daughter and there are strange things going on here. I invited a well-known expert on unexplained phenomena. I want to help my daughter finally leave. And I need your key from the room."

"It won't be a problem." he smiled.

"Thank you."

"Mr. Martens, do you think we can participate in this?" he asked. 

"You know we would be interested. Especially my brother, he's interested in such things these days." Jay said to him with a little smile.

"Surely, that should not be a problem." he agreed.

The group went to Jared's room and the "expert" began with his "art." There were candles and incenses all over the room. Everyone was watching him.

"Yes, yes, I can feel the presence of that spirit." he murmured and continued in walking around the room.

"Summer, my name is Summer." she appeared next to Jared. He flinched in fear.

"Sorry." she apologized.

"Yes, I can see her." he rolled his eyes and walked to the window, while the Summer stood on the other side of the room.

"Well, that's the expert on everything, see?" she rolled her eyes.

"What was your daughter's name?" the "expert" asked Mr. Martens.

"Summer." he replied.

"Summer, if you're here, give us a sign." expert began to speak to her.

"Didn't he say, that he saw me a while ago?" said Summer.

"Summer, I'm calling you again, if you're here give us a sign please."

"No way." she shook her head.

"Come on, Summer sweetheart." her father called her.

"Maybe, she does not know what sign." Shann argued.

"What if I gave you a slap, would it be enough sign?" she looked at Shann.

Then she began to concentrate on the can of Cola on the table. After a moment, the can started to levitate around the room.

"What about this, huh?" she returned the can on the table.

"And now, we can finally move to the exorcism itself."

"Yes, my favorite part." she sat down on the chair. 

"Well Jared, if that happened, I guarantee you, the hot water will flow again."

The exorcism took nearly two hours. Summer got bored , but then suddenly she began to disappear.

"What's going on?" she looked at her slowly fading hands and then on Jared.

"What is it? I do not want to." she looked at the boys. 

"Please, I do not want to disappear." she looked from one to the other, but none of them knew how to help her. Then she disappeared. She was completely gone.

"Done." said the man.

"Is she gone??"

"Yes." man smiled.

"Fully gone?" Jared asked the man.

"Yes. She won't bother you anymore." he smiled at him.

"But she didn't bother me." Jay muttered.

"She will finally rest in peace." her father sighed.