Chapter 7 - The Case Of The Upset Pathologist

Hello! Here's the next chapter! Thank you for all of the votes on the last one and some lovely comments!

--------------------------------------

The next day, Sherlock and John were out buying suits for the wedding, leaving Molly with sometime on her own. Until her phone rang. The number wasnt recognised by her but she still answered it anyway, thinking it might be Sherlock.

"Molly" a gleeful woman answered but she recognised the voice.

"Mum?" she asked in disbelief

"How are you, darling?" She hated it when she called her darling, it sent shivers down her spine.

"I'm... um... fine thank you. Don't take this badly," Although she did mean it "but why are you ringing me?"

"Do I need an excuse, darling, you're my daughter and I am in London. I want to come and see you!"

Crap Molly thought She hadn't spoken to her in about three years. She didn't know anything about her. Although she knew that she was a pathologist and about Sherlock being in the morgue, she didn't know about her engagement or helping Sherlock fake his death. Today her mother was going to find out a lot of things.

There was a silence on the phone whilst Molly thought, which her mother broke.

"So, where are you living these days?"

"Oh 221B Baker Street"

"Wait, isn't that where that detective man you like lives! Have you moved in with him?"

"What?" she was quite surprised that she had even remebered something she had told her. "No. Not exactly"

"Well, you can tell me all about him when I come around! Are you free now?"

"Yes, I'm free!" Molly acted enthusiastically, thinking she might as well get it over with whilst Sherlock and John were out.

"Right I will come around now! I'm about 5 minutes away! see you darling!" Then she hung up.

Molly walked into the kitchen and put the kettle on. What was she going to say to her? Was this normal to be so unattached from your own mother? Before she knew it, she could hear Mrs Hudson showing her up the stairs. Molly just wanted to be a child again and scream "NO!" but she took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Molly" her mother practically wailed. Then, she hugged her very tightly, her perfume making Molly gag. "Look at you!". Molly became bashful. "In a flat with a man!" Then her mother spotted her engagement ring "You're engaged!" and hugged her again.

"I made tea," Molly said meekly inviting her to sit down before she got anymore hugs

"Sorry, dear, I'm not drinking tea," They both sat down "I'm on a detox, but anyway back to you! Is it that Sherlock, from the morgue, who you like? Did he finally notice you?"

"No, It's not Sherlock, it's John! He's called John Watson."

"Oh Molly Watson! Or are you having a double barelled name?"

"No, it's just Molly Watson."

"Worst decision, I ever made changing my name when I married your father. Well the marrying part was probably the worst!" then her mother gave off this hideous laugh, which Molly laughed along with but she really wanted to rip her head off for talking about her dad.

"Isn't this the flat that Sherlock lives in though?" Her mum asked

"Yes, he lives with us. He's John's best friend."