Chapter 5 - It's The Morning After Last Night

Hello!! New chapter update! Thank you to everyone who voted and  followed, especially to IzzieLovesSherlock who commented. Also I changed the cover of the story because I didn't really like the last one. Enjoy Chapter 5

--------------------------------------

The bright light hurt Molly's swollen eyes, when she opened the curtains. Her head ached and pounded, she really didn't want to go into work today, although luckily she was on a late start. Opening the door from the bedroom the flat smelt different, like it did two years ago. God, he had already infused his smell without even being here 24 hours. She walked over to the kitchen table and picked up the half empty packet of paracetamol, took two, then sat down at the kitchen table to face Sherlock. She looked at him, he looked at her.

After the pause, Sherlock asked "tea?"

"Um please," she mumbled "Did you hear John leave this morning?"

"No, I presumed he was still asleep."

"He could be at work but you would have heard him leave."

"Work?" Sherlock asked

"Yes, work."

"Where?"

"At a medical centre as a GP" Sherlock tutted but Molly dismissed the remark. She went and got the phone from her bag.

0 missed calls

0 new messages

Should she call John? she pondered. If she did call him then he might think she was being to clingy and not giving him enough time to think or if she didn't he might think she didn't care. Molly remained in a trance state for quite a while, thinking about what to do.

The cold wind pushed against John's face but it didn't effect him in the slightest although it was an excuse for his wet eyes. He liked it out there it gave him time to think, it was so quiet, yet filled with so many people at the same time.

How could she do this to him? He thought Yes, he may have over reacted but he had right to she kept one of the biggest secrets from him in the world. Two years of heartbreak in one of the darkest places he's ever been, and granted she did save him but how could she keep something like this from him as well. Maybe she felt guilty for not being able to tell him, whatever they needed to talk it out. After all the wedding was in 6 weeks. He reached in to his pocket to get his phone to ring Molly

She was brought back to consciousness, when she realised there was a mug of tea on the table.

"Oh, thank you," She told Sherlock, sipping from the mug. "Do you think I should ring him?" Sherlock shrugged, "I don't know what his problem is." Molly stared at him blankly. John was right he really could be heartless at times, which Molly knew but she had never lived with him before.

"I've decided, I'm going to ring him." She picked up the phone typed in John's number, hesitated but then called. It began to ring, then also they heard a phone ring in the flat. He had left his phone at home. Molly hung up "Shit! Where is he?" She checked the calendar in case there were many meetings she had forgotten about which was unlikely but then she remembered it was Friday. "Shit, shit, shit, how have I forgotten?" She rushed to the bedroom to put clothes on leaving Sherlock still wanting answers. Coming out of the bedroom fully dressed, Sherlock asked

"Where are you going?"

"What day is it?" Molly answered, putting her scarf on.

"Friday."

"Exactly and every Friday for the past two years John has gone to visit you!" Sherlock was shocked.

"Let me come with you." He pleaded

"I think it's best if you don't," she said "I'm already in enough shit as it is."

His phone wasn't in his pocket.

Should he just go home now or should he wait for Molly because she might have realised where he is?

He decided to stay because he liked it here and would miss it.

The solidarity, a place where he could soliloquise about life, Molly and death. On his grave the flowers were still fresh from last week, only a week ago had he thought that he was dead, actually yesterday he thought he was dead.

John could feel that the tears were about to make a re-appearance.

How time goes past so quickly, soon it would be the wedding. The Wedding. 6 weeks to go, everything has already been planned but now too much has changed. He always had to bloody ruin everything, the cock. He didn't even know if he wanted to get married anymore.

Molly appeared at the clearing of the trees and sat down on the bench next to John. She was the first to speak.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have slapped you."

John still didn't speak

"I can understand if you never want to speak to me again but I just want you to know I'm sorry."

There was an extremely long pause

"I accept your apology, but I am not sure about the wedding." Molly's whole body drowned in sickness.

"Yes, the wedding."

"I'm not saying I don't love you anymore but I just think that we should postpone it."

"For how long?" Molly asked

"I don't know, 6 months, a year. How ever long it takes for me to trust you again." Molly nearly began to cry. "I've got work." John said then left.

Later in the day, Sherlock walked into the mortuary, where Molly was examining a corpse, which he peered over so he could see what she was doing.

"Asphyxiation," He declared. Molly gave up and looked at him with raised eyebrows. "What?" he asked innocently. Molly exhaled deeply and cleared away her tools because Sherlock obviously needed something.

"What do you want?"

"A partner." he smiled

"A partner?" she questioned

"Yes, solve crimes with me, Molly." she stared at him

"Sherlock? Where are we now?"

"The Mortuary?"

"Yes, the mortuary where I work, where I am working now."

"After work then?"

"Go ask Lestrade for a case"

"I have a case, I need someone to help me solve it." he mithered

"Ask John then!"

"He isn't exactly speaking to me!"

"SORRY SHERLOCK I DON'T WANT TO SPEAK RIGHT NOW" Molly shouted. However Molly did not know that she would be helping Sherlock Holmes with a case very soon.

-----------------------------

Thank you for reading!! I hope you enjoyed it! Please vote and follow me but I would love it if you commented (and I will reply), any ideas are welcome and would be credited if I used them.