Imagine avoiding Fili

Hey guys, I'm not dead! Don't worry, I'm okay. Anyway, this was requested by legolasfangirl35 I hope you like it.

Also, I'm so sorry it's late. School got in the way which made me completely forget about it, but it's here now... so enjoy!
___________

Diary entry

Hey diary, so I've found myself in a bit of a pickle here. I have been avoiding my best friend, Fili for a while now. Why?... well, I love him. I mean, as in not just a friend. His ocean blue eyes always manage to catch me off guard and his golden hair, much like a lion's mane makes him look strong and brave. He is the most loyal person I have ever met. He's smart, funny, caring and kind. I love everything about him, every day I find something else about him to fall in love with. But, I can't ever tell him how I feel. I'm scared of his reaction, my biggest fear is losing him. I don't want that to happen, we have been through too much together to leave each other. It was our promise to each other when we were children. We promised to never leave the other's side, and neither of us are willing to break it. He swore to always protect and be there for me when I need him, and I swore that I would follow him to the end of the earth. I don't want to ruin what we have now, so I'm just going to keep what I feel to myself.

Thanks for listening

Y/n x
__

I sigh as I quietly walk through the halls of Erebor. I watch as maids scurry around, messengers hurriedly trying to get to where they need to be and guards are standing, calmly at the side or quietly talking in groups of two or three. Ever since Erebor got reclaimed, the mountain got busier and busier with the number of dwarves moving in from all over Middle Earth. I was part of the company, despite Fili's protest at the start. I jump when someone pops up in front of me, Fili's younger brother, Kili. He chuckles at my reaction. I sigh "what do you want?". He frowns "well, someone's a bit moody today, I thought that was Thorin's job". I roll my eyes "shut up Kili". He sighs "alright, what's got you all riled up?... is it Fili?". I stop in my tracks "how did you know about that?". He chuckles "you're very obvious". "Does he know?" I question. He shakes his head "he knows nothing".

Later

I have been avoiding Fili all day, but it was hard. He just kept popping up everywhere I went. I don't think he caught on to what I was doing though. Right now, I am currently reading a book on my bed... but all I seem to focus on is Fili. I get snapped out of my thoughts when I hear a knock on my door. I sit up "come in". The door opens, revealing Fili. He closes it as I stand up off my bed. Somehow, I think I know where this is going. "Y/n, why are you avoiding me?". Yep, I was right. "I'm not..." he interrupts me "Don't say you are not, because I already know you are but I want to know why". I open my mouth to speak but close it. "Fili, you don't understand" I reply. He sighs "then, help me understand. If it's something I've done wrong, I want to know". I shake my head "I can't". He raises his voice "yes you can, just tell me what I did". "You didn't do anything Fili. If it was easy, you know I would tell you, but I can't. It's complicated and it scares me" I respond in the same tone. "Y/n, what in the name of Durin is going on? You have been avoiding me, not only today but for the past week. What could be so hard, that you have to avoid me?" He questions.

"I told you I can't tell you, Fili," I say as tears begin to form in my eyes. "Why not?" He asks. I sigh without really thinking about it "because I'm in love with you!". The room goes deathly silent as I realise what I just said. Warm tears start to run down my cheeks. "Y/n..." he starts. "No" I interrupt him. Despite what I said, he ignores it as he approaches me. "Fili... I, I'm sorry, I didn't..." I stutter. "Shut up" he whispers before pulling me closer to him. Before I could do or say anything, he kisses me. He brings his hand up to cup my cheek as I give in to him. I kiss back making him smile into the kiss. He then pulls away for air, ever so slightly. "You are a fool y/n... I've always loved you". My eyes widen "what?". He chuckles "I fell in love with you when we were children. The day I lost you in a game of hiding and seek, I was so scared that I'd never find you again. I was terrified of having to tell your mother... but when you jumped out from behind that wall, it was both relieving and scary at the same time because you almost gave me a heart attack, and I didn't have to get a beating off of both your mother and mine". I smile slightly "I remember that day, I was so excited that I managed to scare you".

He smiles "I love you". "I love you too Fili" I whisper as I wrap my arms around his neck and wraps his around my waist.

That's when I hear a chuckle coming from outside the door.

"Kili!".
_______

W.S