Imagine running away

As the tears fall down my cheeks, I jump down from the wall and run into the forest behind Erebor. I can't stop my tears from falling and I don't plan on stopping... I'm heading to Dale. I'm running away from Erebor... from everything, including Fili. I have been dealing with a lot of stress the last few weeks and today, it just got to me. I don't like breaking down and expressing how I feel in front of anyone. As I reach the gates of Dale, I enter and soon find an old, abandoned house... it'll have to do. I go into the house and get settled. The reason I am stressed is because of the gold that's still in the mountain. I'm not attracted to it in any way, I just stress over it because it's there and it won't go away. Although we gave lots of it to towns and villages, there's still mountains of gold. Also, it still gives off that eerie feeling, and I am terrified of even the thought that Fili might get the dragon sickness since he's of Durin blood. You might have guessed it already, but yes me and Fili are in a relationship. For a few months now, I joined Thorin's quest to reclaim Erebor and that's how we met and I guess it just went from there. I also made friends with his brother Kili, but I went on the quest because of my best friend Bofur. We grew up together and have been attached at the hip since we could crawl.

One week later

It's been a week since I ran away and no one has found me still, but I know Fili has the whole of Erebor out looking for me. I can't go back though, I swear that gold is taunting me. I walk into a shop and I don't need to look twice to know who is in here already. His hat gives it away. My eyes widen as I dive behind a plant, praying that he didn't see me, but it appears luck isn't on my side as I hear his voice say my name. "Y/n?" He says and I come out from behind the plant. "Hi, Bofur," I say quietly. He sighs as he hugs me tightly before looking at me. "Y/n, where have yeh been? We've been looking everywhere for yeh" he tells me. I nod "I know, but I can't go back". "Why not lass?" He asks and I sigh, shaking my head. "Don't make me go back" I whisper, almost. His face grows with concern and worry. "Lass, Fili is a mess without yeh, he's been worried sick about yeh" he informs me. I look at him trying not to tear up. Only now did I realise how much I miss my prince. I shake my head again. "Bofur, I can't go back... i-its too hard," I tell him. "Hey, Y/n... nothing is too hard, come on I'll take yeh home, and yeh can be with Fili again, yeah? Yeh can talk to him and yeh don't need to face no one else" he persuades me. I sigh reluctantly and slowly nod. "Bofur, please take me back to Fili" I whisper and he nods. "Okay lass, come on then". He takes my hand, then starts leading me back to Erebor.

When we get back to the mountain, Bofur takes me to Fili's room without me having to speak to anyone. He knocks on the door in front of us. "Fili, someone is here to see yeh," Bofur says through the wood. The door slowly opens revealing my beautiful prince, he looks a little tired, but beautiful nonetheless. He gasps softly as tears appear in his eyes. "Y/n?" He says and I nod. "Thank you, Bofur" Fili manages before the hatted dwarf walks off after a quick bow. Not two seconds later I am in Fili's room, hugging his waist tightly, letting tears fall down my cheeks, soaking onto his clothes. A quiet sob escapes my lips before I can acknowledge it. Fili pulls away gently, before leading me to the bed. He sits me down, then sits beside me. "Y/n, tell me what happened," he says softly. I take a deep breath before explaining.

"T-the gold, it's overwhelming. I don't like it, there's still a strange feeling it gives off. It makes me feel stressed and uncomfortable... and I am scared to death of the thought of you getting the dragon sickness, I don't want to lose you" I tell him. "Oh, Y/n I am sorry you have been feeling like that, why didn't you just tell me?" He asks. I sigh "because you have enough problems to deal with, you don't need to add mine to the collection". He sighs "Y/n, I am never too busy for you, don't ever think that, you can't be strong forever, everyone has their weaknesses, that includes you and you won't ever lose me, I promise you, there's a lot more on my mind than a few piles of gold". He wraps his arms around me, pulling my body closer to him. That's when I break down crying, finally letting every emotion out. I pull myself closer to him and bury my face into his chest, making his tunic damp with tears. He rubs my back soothingly as he whispers to me. "Shh, I've got you, I'm not going anywhere," he tells me.

My tears eventually subside and I pull away to look at Fili. He sighs before reaching up to wipe the rest of the tears away. He keeps his hand on my cheek and I lean into it. He pulls me closer so I am now sitting on his lap. He wraps his arms around my waist as I lean into him. "Did you forget that I love you?" He mumbles into my ear. I shake my head "no, I love you too". He sighs "y/n, you can't keep hiding what you are feeling from me, you know you can tell me anything, I know you don't like it, but talking about your problems can help". I sigh "I guess you're right, I'm sorry I ran away". He smiles softly as he leans his forehead against mine. "I'm just happy that you're okay," he tells me. I pull away from him slightly to bury my face into his chest again. I feel him kiss my head. "I missed you Fee, I don't want to run away again" I mumble and he chuckles. "Well, you won't get a reason to run away again because if you have a problem, you will come to me and we will sort it out". I nod "promise". "Good" he sighs in relief.
______________

Hey guys, I'm sorry it's taking so long for me to update, but I hope you liked it anyway.

Bye!

Bluewolf