13 ✔️

CHAPTER THIRTEEN :

Brother Bear

"Yoongi-hyung, c'mon!"

"Ack! Stop pushing me."

"SHHHHHH! Hyung, Jiminie-hyung will hear youuuuu!" Jungkook whined on the nape of Yoongi's neck as he and Taehyung tried so hard to push their hyung towards the door where Jimin locked himself in. It was like entering an unknown territory, Yoongi freezing like he was on ice as the two maknaes shoved him in front of the door. He didn't even know what to say, his mind blank but filled with hasty thoughts. Jungkook opened the door (with attempts of jumping up and down to grab the doorknob countless of times because of his cute height) while Taehyung struggled to keep Yoongi within arms reach. "Jeez, hyung, you and Jiminie are just gonna talk!"

"Shush." Yoongi hissed, glaring at Taehyung and before he knew it, he was squeaking as he was pushed into the room. "Fighting!" Jungkook and Taehyung pump their fist to Yoongi's direction before slamming the door shut. Yoongi clears his throat and turns around, seeing Jimin just staring at a space on his bed, his dinner still untouched. It was like Jimin knew he was in the room, because of his frozen form and how he blinked his eyes so fast.

'You can do this, Yoongi. You are the man. You are the man for this job.' He reassured himself inwardly as he went towards Jimin's bedside and sat down on the bed in front of the maknae. Jimin's face was still blank, eyes void from emotion, and still staring at the space in front of him. He cleared his throat, trying to gain his attention and looking at the emotionless boy. "Jimin." Yoongi sighed, stretching out his legs that are almost touching Jimin's body. The maknae made no acknowledgment, which resulted in Yoongi clicking his tongue from impatience. "I hope you're listening to me, or else I am giving up on you because everyone already did their best to try and convince you or talk to you." He states so frankly, throwing away the care and the nervousness he had seconds ago, and crossing his arms.

Jimin blinked, a sign that he may be listening to Yoongi who saw this gesture. So, being the remaining sibling who still hasn't talked to him—because he thought it was useless, he didn't care if his words will either hurt Jimin more or successfully convince him. All Yoongi needed from Jimin is acknowledgment, and that is what he will do because he absolutely has no patience to deal with B.S.

"Kim Jimin, you do realize that we along with Kim Taehyung, will still be living together for maybe 10 more years or so. And you cannot just avoid your own twin brother for all those years. It's impossible to ignore each other, trust me." Yoongi rolled his eyes and muttered. "Even I cannot avoid Hoseok for my life. Only God knows how hard I tried, but our sunshine hyung is always within my sight, and I can't exactly throw him away like..." He realized he was rumbling, rolling his eyes and muttering profanities under his breath, and it made Jimin's lips twitch, a sign which made Yoongi chuckle quietly. "What Taehyung had done to you is very... bad, yes. He hurt you, you were taken to the hospital and got uhhh... stitched up because of how nasty your wound is. He knows it's his fault, and he really is sorry for it." Yoongi frowned when he remembered the nights when Taehyung just goes to the hyungs' room, face stained with tears while clutching his chest like he was about to have a heart attack.

"H-hyung..." Taehyung croaked, looking at the faces of the three hyungs. "I-it hurts..." He cried, wiping his tears off and hiding his face with his arm, squatting on the floor as he sobbed so hard. "Make it stop... I want my Jiminie back..."

Yoongi sniffled a little bit, earning a reaction from Jimin who looked up a tiny bit by craning his neck before looking away once more. "You know, Taehyung always comes to us hyungs more than you and Jungkook. Kookie always goes to appa, because he is scared of you, Jimin. You were so close to Kookie, and now it feels like you two aren't even siblings anymore."

"Stop." Jimin snapped, eyes showing unshed tears as he looked at Yoongi with a look of grief. "Ah, so he speaks." Yoongi sarcastically said, crossing his arms and maintaining eye contact with Jimin's teary ones. The hyung blankly stared at his dongsaeng's eyes, before sighing and shaking his head. "Well, think about it, Jimin. Taehyung hurt you, you shut him out, and Taehyung gets hurt more than you have. He may not have a wound like yours, but people always say the pain of heartbreak is worse than physical injuries."

Jimin remained silent, some tears escaping as he looked down. The older brother tilted his head, furrowing his brows as he heard audible sniffles coming from Jimin. He doesn't want to comfort his younger brother, because he had enough of comforting his dongsaengs. He's frustrated that he is pressured by his brothers and father to mend the twin's relationship back to normal. "I'll leave you alone now, because that's all I could say to you. I think I'm giving up with the others of trying to convince you." Yoongi gave out a long sigh before hopping down the bed and exiting the room.

"Wait." Jimin stopped him from even opening the door, his figure now on the edge of the bed as his wide, teary eyes looked at Yoongi desperately. "Please." The younger one sobbed, shaking his head. "D-don't leave me."

"Why?" Yoongi spat, turning around and crossing his arms again as he looked at his dongsaeng with a look of annoyance. "I'm leaving because you and your stupid self couldn't even try to forgive Taehyung at least. And now, you don't want more people to leave you?" He couldn't control his anger anymore as he barked at Jimin, who started to cry harder as Yoongi's words directly hit him emotionally. Jimin wanted to lay down and cry, but he didn't want his hyung to leave him now, since everyone has given up on him already and left him all alone, now that he realized this. He wanted his brothers back, but he thought that he couldn't forgive Taehyung easily. He didn't want to force himself to forgive Tae, because Jimin thought he knows that his twin would do the same thing again in the future.

Yoongi rolled his eyes when he couldn't even answer back, reaching for the doorknob. "If you cannot answer me—"

"NO!" Jimin screamed as he fell on the floor to his knees, crying out when he felt them sting. However, Yoongi made no move to help as he stared down the maknae, sighing deeply as Jimin attempts to stop him from leaving. "No what? Tell me, Kim Jimin, before I give up on you too."

Jimin sobbed as he looked at Yoongi. "I-I can't f-forgive T-tae just yet—" Jimin sobbed while Yoongi sighed and closed his eyes, nostrils flaring as his hand moved to open the door. "So I'll just leave if you can't—"

"NO!!" Jimin screamed and crawled towards Yoongi, heart clenching painfully in his chest. "P-please! N-NO!" Jimin hugged his hyung's knees and restricted him from moving, while Yoongi looked at Jimin with wide eyes. "I don't w-wanna forgive T-tae just 'c-cause I'm afwaid that h-he will d-d-do it again!"

"Yah, take deep breaths." Yoongi sighs as he pats Jimin's back, while the maknae's heart felt a tad lighter that his hyung made physical contact with him to comfort him. "If you're afraid Tae will hurt you again, it's not gonna happen." Yoongi saw Jimin freeze, and he rolled his eyes again. "The thing that happened last time, of course, it won't be repeated, because Taehyung learned his lesson, and I'm so sure he will be more careful around you from now on. He surely is afraid now of touching anyone, because he is scared that he might hurt more people." He clicked his tongue, remembering how Taehyung was so stiff when Hoseok hugged him out of the blue.

Jimin's cries softened until Jimin is sniffling and looking at the floor, his arms still wrapped around Yoongi's legs. "Now, get off me and come with me if you want to at least talk to Taehyung." However, Jimin made no move as Yoongi groaned. "I'm not saying you forgive him right away. Just talk to him and tell him that you're okay. He won't lay a finger on you."

Jimin blinked and looked at Yoongi, whose face possessed an annoyed look that made the maknae immediately unwrap his arms around his hyung. The older brother made him stand up and held his hand. "Good, now come with me."