8 ✔️

CHAPTER EIGHT :

It's Just A Phase

Namjoon was packing his things hurriedly, stuffing his books and papers in his bag while Hoseok was skipping towards his older brother. "Hyung, look!"

"Not now, Hobi." Namjoon grumbles, making the other frowned, lowering his hands that were holding something and his eyes downcast. Namjoon was oblivious of Hoseok's sad expression, nonetheless, he was too focused on not being late for school, as he has to arrange some more things before his presentation. But when Namjoon was met with an unusual silence, he heaved out a sigh before facing Hoseok, since knew his little brother was sad that he haven't acquired his attention.  "Look, tell me about it when we get to the car, okay Hobi?"

Hoseok beamed up a little before rushing towards the door and to the car. Namjoon watched for a moment in disbelief before rechecking his stuff in his backpack. "Yah, Hobi-hyung!" Taehyung suddenly shouted in the living room, the older brother zooming to the door and the sound of the door slamming was heard throughout the house. Jin suddenly entered Namjoon's room, lastly checking the entire house to see if any children are left behind. "Joon-ah, you know why Hobi is in a rush to the car?"

The eldest clicked his tongue and shrugged, his eyes still focused on checking the contents in his bag. "I dunno, appa. I just know that he's excited to show me something." Namjoon groaned and tilted his head, something he would do when he is hesitant or confused. "I think... we can leave." Namjoon says and nods in confirmation as he slowly zips up his bag before exiting the door with his father behind him.

Finally, everyone was in the car and on their seats, Jimin on the front seat with Jin. Hoseok was beside Namjoon, who was looking outside of the window and nervousness evident on his body language. Hoseok took this as an opportunity to show his hyung that item he wanted to show him a while ago.

"Hyung, look." Hoseok brought it out of his bag and almost pushed it in front of Namjoon. The eldest blinked, narrowing his eyes at Hoseok who has a big grin. "Huh? A flower crown?" Hoseok nodded and put it on his head. "Yeah! Isn't it pretty? I made it myself at school yesterday with my classmate." Hoseok giggled, flashing a peace sign and closing his eyes in happiness.

Although this made Hoseok happy, Namjoon wasn't. They are boys! Boys don't need flower crowns, nor wear them. They need to be masculine, not feminine.

Namjoon clicked his tongue and shoved the flower crown off of Hoseok's head. "Yah, leave it in the car. Don't wear that in school."

Once again, Hoseok felt his heart drop to the bottom of his stomach, his eyes brimming with tears as his shaky hands almost fisted the flower crown tightly. Namjoon turned his head away to hide his guilt and bit his lip. "O-okay..." Hoseok mumbled, slowly dropping his flower crown on the seat next to him while he clenched the hem of his shirt. Namjoon could hear how his voice got shaky, wanting to apologize immediately as he felt hollow in his chest.

Jin looked at the overhead mirror, frowning when he saw Hoseok silently crying on his seat. As much as he wanted to stop the car to comfort his child, he didn't want to attract the others' attention—

"Hobi-hyungie!" Jimin turned and pouted at Hoseok, who looked up and sniffled. "W-why you cwyin'?" Jimin felt hurt when he saw his hyung crying, his own eyes burning with tears. Namjoon didn't even steal a glance, but the others struggled to look at their sibling to see if he really was crying. He couldn't bear to be more hurt with guilt if he took a look at Hoseok.