Found.

The first night up in that attic was hell. I was hiding underneath a bed and of course Kale was there with me. The others were all huddled up in the opposite corner of the peek hole. They were too loud for me to feel safe. The men were snoring and some girl was crying. I did not want to be next like that child outside so that is why i am over here. 

Im selfish really but honestly, I'm a survivor right now and being a part of a group is going to get me caught and killed. 

Kale and I were facing each other lying on our sides. I was starring at him but he was looking down at his feet or his eyes were closed, couldn't tell. The light in the room was getting fainter and fainter which was fine but it is hard to move around and not make noise. 

Kale's eyes flung up to mine when we heard crashing on the floor right below us. My eyes got big as he put his hand around my mouth. I started to cry and Kale pulled me into his body, as if he could keep me safe from those monsters, who were now only feet from us. I shook my head know that it was only a matter of time before we got found up in this damn attic. Kale hushed me quietly and wrapped his arm around me and i quietly sobbed into his jacket. He smelled of blood, if we were found, he would be too weak to move.

I knew from the beginning that i would be alone in this escape that i was planning.

--

Thank God that we weren't found again. At least the crashing stopped downstairs so lord knows what was going on down there. The occasional screaming stopped all together. I got enough courage to look outside through the peek hole, first, i had to get away from Kale. 

Once i got to the hole, i pushed the couch ever so quietly away from the wall and giving myself enough room to look out.

It was day time, and nothing was moving outside, at all. Like i think the wind even stopped. I heard a creak from below again, like right below me. I started to panic a little when i heard something bump the floor under me. I tip toed back to Kale who was starring at me with such fear. I was terrified that i made enough noise for it to hear me. 

The bed we were under was blocked behind rows and rows of couches, so climbing on top of it all was a challenge but i got back to Kale. He helped me back down under the bed and i started to cry again when we heard the hysterical laughing underneath the floor boards. 

The others were still on the other side of the attic so i have no idea if they could hear the laughter or not but i was about to pee myself with fear. Now you know.

We could all hear the floor getting ripped up now. Right over where i moved the couch. It was like they were jumping up and breaking the floor where i just was. I was practically about to scream when some girl did. This horrible shriek sounded from below us, then there was pounding on our floor. The others have been found.

Kale and I had to listen to all of them scream their lungs out, till all was silent. And it was all my fault.