Ginny

To say the least, the medicine seemed to be helping. In classes I allowed cauldron to be off centered, quills to be different lengths. The same blood rushing, heart dropping feeling was gone, for the most part. It was like a weight taken off my shoulders, removed from my chest.

Instead of thoughts of disorganization plaguing my head, it was Draco Malfoy I couldn't seem to get out of my brain.  

I would find myself staring towards the Slytherin table, quickly looking away when Draco glanced at me.

Our tutoring sessions continued and tensions ran higher and higher, neither of us bringing it to attention. It got to a point that a brushing of our hands created a deep blush across both of our faces.

"The potions effects only last about 45 minutes. So if you're going to use it to cheat on tests, chug it right before you go." Draco told me. With a small smile I took note dutifully.

Fact memory potion lasts 45 minutes

I looked up briefly, looking around the library. "Where are all the people."

"It's Winter vacation, duh." Draco replied absentmindedly. The days of 'who cares? You're going to fail potions if you don't shut up' as a usual reply were gone. Now, Draco and were, dare I say, friends. We got along, and even saw eye to eyes on a lot of things.

"Ginny?" He asked. I met his eyes with mine, tried to ignore the tingle that travelled down my spine as I heard Draco say my name.

"What?" I said casually. Draco was quiet for a short while before he started back up again slowly.

"Unfortunately, the only company I have is you, because most of my friends went back home. So I guess you're the only person to tell that I have wasted a year and a half on dating April Jansen as we have now broken up." Draco stated it as he had told me he had drunken a milkshake at lunch.

"Why?" I asked, trying not to yell-confess my crush, which was currently crushing me.

"She was feeling... unattended. Like I was never paying attention to her."

"Well, were you paying attention to her?"

"Not really." I nodded at Dracos short reply. I didn't really have anything to say back, so my brain made up something incredibly stupid instead.

"Do you wanna go out to sit near the lake? It's one of the last warm days today." I blurted, instantly feeling heat rise to my face. "You know because all we do when we interact is study." I waited for the inevitable 'leave me alone, weirdo'.

"Sure. I suppose you've gotten this down enough." Draco stood and pulled his jacket from the back of the chair. The best part of breaks was being able to wear casual clothes.

We walked leisurely to the lake, talking all the way. Eventually, we chose a sunbathed spot of green grass and sat, facing the lake.

"It's so quiet and peaceful." I commented.

"Not with you talking, Weasley." Draco replied. I shoved him with a smile. Suddenly, I lay onto my back. The clouds above me moved slowly.

"What're you doing?" Draco asked, sounding tired.

"Relaxing. Try it." So Draco did. He lied down next to me, no more than 6 or 7 inches away from me. We didn't speak for a long time. We just lay, each with thoughts of our own.

Suddenly I could feel a hand on mine. I let Draco hold my hand gently, still laying on the soft grass. We remained silent for a while still.

"Do you reckon it's dinner time?" Draco finally broke the silence, but kept our hands clasped tightly together. I conjured a time spell, the time appearing in a shimmering cloud in front of me.

"There's like half an hour until." I said, Draco and I pulling ourselves to a seated position.

"We have to address this, Draco. We can barely study side by side." The serious turn of the conversation took Draco by surprise and he hesitated to answer.

"Let's get ready for dinner." He changed the subject. I nodded, standing. I regretfully let go of Dracos hand.

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, 'course. See you later, Ginny."

Draco walked back up to the castle, briefly waving before disappearing inside. It was just like every other goodbye, but this time it was different. This time, there were emotions brought up, but never explored. We had left on an open page and I thought about it as I walked staring at my feet, stopping only when another pair of feet stood in front of me. I looked up to see a very angry April Jansen.

Okay this chapter was all over the place sorry but I can't sleep so I'm writing terrible Drinny fan fiction. Anyway, please vote if you liked it! Have a good day, jelllybeens!