Draco

I winked at her. I winked at her.

My mind kept the same thought, the same moment playing over and over. Had it looked awkward? Had Ginny taken it as some form of flirting?

Did I mean it to be?

The day past and I realized half-way to the library that I didn't have a session tutoring Ginny until the night next.

Then I realized something else. Something much worse. I discovered a resounding sadness as I made my way to the dungeons. A sadness that I could not spend my evening with Ginny.

"Salmon ladder," was the password, and the common room door swung open. A rather unusual password, but the author of this couldn't think of anything. [Breaking fourth wall]

Inside, the room was coolly lighted, greenish light filling in from the windows holding back the lake. As I glanced, a rather ugly mermaid swam by.

April was waiting by my dormitory, but instead of greeting me with a kiss she wore a glare.

"Have you dropped me completely, Draco? Am I not important to you now?" I sighed inaudibly. I wanted to say something like 'Of course not', or I'll be a better boyfriend', but I stuck to my usual Malfoy charm.

"Do we have to do this now? Haven't you got other people to yell at because I certainly have better things to do." I kept my eyes from Aprils wide eyed expression.

"I've wanted to do this for a while but I didn't want to hurt you. But for months now you've been ignoring me, so you leave me no choice. Draco Lucius Malfoy, we are done!" April finished with a flourish, like she had completed a preformance.

"Okay," I shrugged, pushing past her and pushing the door of the dormitory open. I shut it quickly in Aprils face. I knew it was rude and I wasn't trying to be mean, I just didn't particularly care.

"You'll pay for this, Malfoy!" I heard a number of stomps get dimmer down the hallway.

I didn't care about that either. What I did care about was what April had said, which made me realize something once more. I wasn't ignoring April, I was just paying more attention to Ginny Weasley.