Chapter 10-The Return of Eagle Eye

RECAP:

Things in hand already, I opened the door to leave, but the path was blocked and my heart nearly stopped beating. 

It couldn't be...

"Runningdeer?" he asked

"Eagle Eye"

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter 10

~Whitefeather~

"Brother!" Blue Waterfall shrieked as she moved past Runningdeer to get to her brother "Brother is it really you?" 

"Yes it is" he smiled. While they rejoiced I looked over to my sister who remained frozen in place. I too was shocled to see him after all this time. 

I felt a tight constiction in my chest and a burning sensation inside me. Looking at my sister I knew that those emotions were coming from her. She was shocked and before I knew it, my stomache did a twist and then I felt pain as the burning sensation grew stronger.

I clutched at my stomache and gritted my teeth because the pain started to become inbearable. I looked over to where Blue Waterfall had gone for more water and Eagle Eye stood face to face with my sister. He approached her slowly and held up his hand to reach her face, but not before she delivered a slap from hell right on his cheek. It sounded like a strip of rubber had collided with a hard object, as I have heard people do to test the strength of a metal.

"How dare you show your face here again" she coldly stared at him in the eyes.

Eagle Eye clutched at his left cheek where Runningdeer's hand had now left a mark "This is my home, why shouldn't I be here?"

She scoffed and I felt her struggle for words as she grew angrier and the burning sensation grew more and more painful.

"Whitefeather are you okay?" I heard his voice in the distance as a sound of roaring fire rang in my ears.

"Sister" I felt her arms around my shouders "What's wrong? Are you in pain?"

"the pain is unbearable" I mentally told her "Please try to control your anger"

"Ok we need to get you home right now" she panicked. The pain didn't vanish and as I put all my weight on her shoulder, it created a tightening sensation that was too hard for me too move. I gritted my teeth and winced

"Let me help you" he offered, but my sister cut him cold

"No. just leave us alone" 

"We need to talk" I heard him call after her as we left. Blue Waterfall ran towards us and offered her help and together she and Runningdeer carried me to our hut.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I had been asleep for awhile. I knew this because I remember nothing further than when I reached my bed. I slowly peeled my eyes open and heard soft voices coming from the eating area.

"I'm sorry...not your fault...thank you...when she feels better" 

I tried getting up but to no avail. I felt cold all over and weak and dizzy from sitting up.

"Oh Whitefeather you're awake" Waterfall came in with a cup of water. I reluctantly took the cup and put it to my lips, taking a small sip.

"Oh dear you're burning up" she said as she placed her hand on my forehead. 

"I figured as much" i mumbled

"what happened?" 

"I don't know i gues it was something I ate last nght" I hated to lie to her, but I couldn't just notify her i had magic powers all of a sudden she would think i'm crazy. All in good time.