Chapter 5- Victoria

Reaching over on my knee, I looked into the pond and sure enough, I saw my own reflection. Same Brown hair and blue eyes. I sighed "I knew this was too good to be true" I muttered to myself. I got up and shook the dirt from my knees when I heard the same ruffle in the water and my sisters whisper

"Runningdeer in here..." I looked into the water again, only this time, the black hair and green eyes showed up. Now I knew that Blue was right. The question was, why is her reflection in the pond and not mine?" My question was answered soon enough because a strong force pushed me from behind into the water. 

 A/N: here's chapter 5 for ya you will finally meet Victoria in this one (hence the chpter title obvioulsy)

 Pic of Victoria to the side (or the bottom of the side if you can't see it) ----------->

Chapter 5- Victoria

~Runningdeer~

The strong force caught me by surprise. The place was desserted and I wasn't expecting anyone to be in this part of the forest. 

I panicked as I fell into the water. Something was dragging me down deep and I could not free myself. I was gasping for breath and wriggling myself from the deadly grip of my captor. I would drown.

I gasped for air as I jerked awake. It was colder and the sun was already up asnd I noticed that the horses were gone. 

I looked around only to discover that I was not in the place where I slept the night before. In fact, as I became aware of my sourroundings, I noticed that I was at the lake in my dream. Dalylight was plain to see and the sun shone bright. The wind blew calmly arround the air and there was no change from my dream. It was all the same place and asif I knew what to expect, my sister appeared by the lake side with a dull expression on her face

"Whitefeather!" I called out to her "Whitefeather!" she did not answer, but put a finger to her lips and pointed to the river.

"I do not understand!" I said shaking my head in confusion "What is so intruiging about the river?" to answer my question, Whitefeather jumped into the river, me screaming after her. With an instinct that told me she was in danger, I jumped in after her.

The lake appeared muddy on the outside, but inside, it was as clear as the water we drink. There was nothing below me, no land or plants. It was strange how a tiny space of water could run so deep down. 

I looked in all directions, looking to see where my sister went, but found myself instead rising up to breathe air like a whale. After looking and rising, I began to think I was making a fool of myself and that this was all just a joke that my sister pulled, just for a good laugh.

"Whitefeather this isn't funny anymore" I said "Just come out so we can go home already!"

The gods were ever so cruel as no one answered. I began to swim back to land, when a noise in the water made me stop and turn around. There was Whitefeather looking straight ahead at me "Whitefeather please, no more games I get it lets just go dry up and leave this is not funny anymore!" It was as if something possesed her because she held her finger at her lips, motioning for me to stay quiet, and waved her hand to me, signaling for me to follow her as she dove into the water.

By my growing frustration I decided to follow her, thinking of how much trouble she would get us in if we were late getting home. It was almost evening and the sun would set in a matter of hours. 

It seems to take ages as I followed her, rising to breathe water when she did. After awhile, a tunnel appeared in the lake, showing a sign of an underwater cave of some sort. As the mouth of the cave grew bigger, so did the darkness. I couldn't stop because I didn't know where I was and what was inside, and to be honest I was scared that something might attack me inside.