Chapter 11-Disappointing Father

Just a little recap of what's happened so far:

The girls discover they're adopted and they have some freaky abilities. They decide to go with Victoria (who claims to know their dead mother) to Spain and learn who they are (future queens). Upon returning, Runningdeer's long lost love Eagle Eye returns and she's angry which causes Whitefeather to get sick. She has a little...chat, with Eagle Eye and he vows that he will win her heart all over again

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Whitefeather

"Absolutely not!" my father roared. We (and by we, I mean Runningdeer) had announced our departure from the tribe. Father did not take it well.

"Uncle thinks it is a very good idea" Runningdeer replied haughtily. She seemed unfazed that he was outraged, or perhaps it was it was because she was attempting to control her emotions. After I recovered from my sickness, we decided to wait a few days so as not to infect anyone else.

“Black Hawk has no right to give you permission” father continued “I am your father and you answer to me!”

“No!” the words slipped out of my mouth. I was scared out of my mind. Runningdeer kept her cool, but I could feel her anger bubbling.

“Excuse me?” father turned

“I said No” I said more sternly “I realize that you have raised us as your own, but you and I both know that we look nothing like the others” I pointed to Bright Meadow, who had thus far remained silent.

“You are one of us” Bear Claw stated “You were raised and taught our ways”

“And we will never lose sight of those ways” Runningdeer spoke with an icy calm “But, all our lives we wondered where this world we come from is and who lives it and how their world works. We are not like all the other women here; they sit at home and cook, clean, bear and raise children. We have wandered into the forest looking for adventure more than we do what the other women do, we cannot just stay in the tribe all day and do nothing but house work or it will drive us crazy. You have allowed us to hunt and complete missions for the tribe, so we are asking you to let us go figure out who we are”

“You do not know if you can trust this Victoria. How does she know all of these things about you?”

“She showed us the tombstone of our Queen mother, she followed her and watched her leave us in that bush, and she watched her be slaughtered, and she gave us our birth names” sister quivered as she toyed with the chain with the “N” hanging firmly above her chest. It made me extremely sad. I too felt the chain above my chest, for it was the only thing (besides our bow and arrows) that truly belonged to us.

“Bear Claw, the girls are right.” Bright Meadow spoke for the first time since we announced our leave, “Those chains they wear were tucked inside the blanket with them when I found them. I kept them hidden away from everyone so they would steal them. I believe they can trust this woman to show them their world”

Silence, father said nothing for once. Instead, he walked out and threw the door hard.

“If you leave then you are no longer welcomed in my home or my presence”

Both Runningdeer and I were stunned, even mother stood still with, mouth open in shock. I could feel the hurt and pain quickly unveil through my sister. My line of vision began to blur before I felt faint and fell into the blackness”

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I awoke in our hut, feeling slightly nauseated, but not as bad as I had the last time sister’s emotions radiated too strong.