Chapter 3: Love Un-Saved the Day

Laughing at my two besties, I turn and try to keep from stumbling because my room is so dark. I finally reach my bed and kick off my heels. Now I understand what they mean when they say beauty is pain. Finally, fully undressed I head to my night stand to pick up my night gown. I know I should be sleep but my body is still wired from my Mystery Guy and our dance, so I head to my door. Walking down the staircase, I look and see that Daddy's study is still bright. That's odd, I think to myself. Daddy usually is still in bed this early. So me being the nosey individual I am, I creep to the door. As I get closer I can hear heated mumbling coming from whoever is inside.  

King Austin POV 

KA: So what is the status of the coven in the East Mountains? 

J: Well, My Lord, the scouts are still tracking them as we speak. 

KA: Good, I need them eliminated immediately. Justin, I don't care how you do it but those witches must not see the light of day! 

J: Yes, Your Highness. However, I must ask why such the rush? 

KA: Well Justin because they are parasites until my land. With them dead, I can rest easy that Ephinany shall never inherit the horrid trait of her Mother. 

J: A trait? I do not understand. 

KA: Well my dear boy few know about my late beloved's family. You see the Queen was a Witch! And a very powerful one too. She was a joy to be around but it was a living Hell knowing the powers she possessed. See Justin if she had her way then my Kingdom would have been overrun with those vile creatures. That I could not allow. Oh no, just their stench revolts me. 

J: But but sire, she was your wife? 

KA: Damn that! She was no wife of mine once I found out her secret. Thought she could keep her heritage hidden from me just because I loved her. No! No, love could not hide that disease. So she had to "treated" properly if you catch my drift.  

J: Are you saying what I think you are, sir? 

KA: And what exactly would that be Justin? Please enlighten me to this strike of genuis that you have?

J: You had her...her killed? Because of something she could not control? Because of her ancestor's faults?!?

KA: Hmm, assissinated is what the reports say but still the same. Oh well it needed to be done. Now go make sure that covens NEVER lives to see another day!

Ephinany POV 

OMG, I could not believe my ears. My Father, the man who always called me his little Princess, had my Mother KILLED! I could not deal at that moment so I ran as fast as I could back to my room. This has turned into a shitty birthday. FML!!!!!