To Get Back My Memories

Ever since that night, I was completely confused by everything. By the people that came to visit me in the hospital, the things they told me, but most of all, the aching feeling that was consuming me as I tried to remember everything. The doctors told me I had fainted and, for an unknown reason, woke up with amnesia. Up until recently, people have been visiting me and after they left, I felt someone watching me but I couldn't see anyone. But I haven't felt it for the past few days so I merely thought it was all my imagination.
     "Hey, Crystal-san," I heard a voice say. "I heard what happened from Akai-san and everyone else." I looked around confused. "I'm sorry I couldn't visit earlier. I lost track of time in Takamagahara. I was so wrapped up in learning invocations with Kazuma-san that I actually forgot to do the textbooks you gave me along with Hiyori's. I understand if you can't see me right now. The same thing happened with Hiyori. I'm right in front of you. On the chair." I felt a hand on mine and direct me to what felt like another. "I'm here with Akai-san and some of your regalias."
     A flash of red, blue, yellow, orange and other colours filled the room as I could finally see everyone but I couldn't remember anything. I looked at the one I was holding hands with. He had red hair and red eyes to match along with red marking along the side of his face. He wore some sort of head ornament with blue stones. The way he looked at me with such care; I could tell I meant a lot to him... as well as everyone else in the room. I tried my best to remember them but I felt something blocking me from gaining my memories back.
     "It's fine, don't force it," a blue-haired girl said and handed me a bouquet of colourful flowers. "For you. We wish you to get better soon. We'll be fine back at home. This isn't the first time this happened."
     Unconsciously, tears fell down my face but I didn't know why. "I'm sorry. Although I don't remember any of you and don't feel anything for you, I still cry. I'm such a horrible person. I'll try my best... to regain my memories. This time I promise, it will be the last time I lose my memories. Then, we'll be free to do whatever we want together... like it used to be."
     Tears began falling from their eyes as they nodded and left the room slowly, one by one. The boy with the red hair being the last one to leave.

     The next time somebody entered my room, besides the doctors that came for my usual check-up, was days later and it was the blonde boy, the redhead and a long black haired girl. "Hi, we're back, Crystal-san," the blonde said. "And we have good news."
     "We might have an idea on how to help you regain your memories," the girl said.
     "We'll explain it to you on the way. Let's go. I already signed the papers for you to leave the hospital," the redhead said as he handed me a pile of clothing.

     Apparently, we were supposed to board a train and wait until we reached our destination. "So the main plan was to rescue a friend of ours but we remembered that you knew this guy pretty well so we thought to bring you along," the blonde said.
     "So who is this friend of yours," I asked.
     "He's your brother," the redhead replied. An image immediately flashed in my mind of a small boy with black hair and the brightest blue eyes much like mine along with a word.
     "Yaboku..." I muttered.
     "What was that?" the girl asked but I shook my head and assumed it was nothing but it still stayed in mind.
     "So we intend to rescue him and hopefully meeting him will help you get our memories back," the redhead continued and I nodded my head.
     "Just out of curiosity, what am I to all of you?" I asked them.
     "What do you mean?"
     "Was I your friend, classmate?"
     "I was your friend since I first met you in high school. My name is Hiyori if you forgot," the girl answered.
     "I'm Yukine. I met you when I was with your brother while we were hunting down Phantoms in your school. After that, we became friends and you helped me study and let me use your old textbooks," the blonde boy said.
      The redhead seemed a bit hesitant before he actually said anything. "I actually have two names. People usually refer to me as Akai, but when it is necessary, you would call me Natsuki and I was your... most loyal servant," he said which shocked the other two but he smiled at them reassuringly.
     "I'm indebted to you. Thank you for going this far just to get my memories back," I said and bowed my head slightly in thanks.

     "The 'Underworld Entrance' is that way," Hiyori said, reading from a travel guide. "It's twenty minutes on foot! Up for a walk?"
     "It's been turned into a tourist spot, has it?" Akai said as if he was recalling a memory.

     We stopped in front of a cave-like entrance and Akai slashed through the air with his index and middle finger which created some sort of powerful attack which revealed a red barrier-like wall.
     "This should be the entrance," Yukine concluded. "It won't open!"
     A felt a strange feeling in my stomach. Like I could feel a connection with something on the other side of the barrier. I want to find out what it is. What the word Yaboku means. Who I truly am. I don't want to make anybody else wait until I'm free from the grasps of this sickness. I want to be free.