Chapter 3 - A Night With My Mom -

Chapter 3

- A Night With My Mom -

Nathan is doing what he was told: not to be around me. It has been a whole day, and he hasn't texted me, called me, or left a note. Nada.

The day was pretty depressing without him. Some jocks kept flirting with me while girls who passed by shoot daggers at me. Whores. Just because they're talking to me, doesn't means I'm going to steal they're fuck toy. As if.

I looked at my night stand for the hour. 8 p.m. I threw my arm over my eyes and growled. I've been in bed almost the whole day, just thinking or sleeping.

Getting out of the bed, I slightly pulled my hair out of frustration. While pulling my hair into a messy bun, I sighed. I kind of regretted saying that to him, but it was all true. Sighing again, I walked out of my room and headed to my mom's room. My baby cousin sleeps in her room as well.

"Mom?" I knocked on her door softly and dragged my hand to the door handle, turning it slowly. Emy was probably sleeping, so I needed to be quiet as possible.

"Aly?"

I jumped a little. "Shit," I hissed, holding my heart that was beating extremely fast on my rib cage. Turning around, I found my mom with a towel, covering her skinny body. Her wet hair was over her shoulder, brushing it with her bone-like fingers.

"Mom." I smiled and embraced her. She was a little shocked by the sudden hug, but she still hugged me back. I missed her sweet, strawberry scent. She's always busy with work, and I just miss spending time with her.

"Sweetie," she said softly, burying her face in my neck.

"You're going to bed, Mommy?" I whispered over her shoulder. I haven't called her 'mommy' in a long time. She nodded slowly, making me frown. "Can't we hang out a while? It's only eight." She sighed and nodded again.

"What do you want to do, Alice?" My mother asked, letting go of me.

"Let's watch a movie and eat some popcorn," I suggested, smiling brightly. She smiled back and happily agreed. I grabbed her hand and dragged her to the living room. "Search for a movie, Mom. I'll make some popcorn." Walking out of the living room, I was about to enter the kitchen when my mom said my name in a half shout.

"Honey, make them with caramel! And get some sweets from the cupboard."

"Yeah, Mom, got it," I replied, looking around the kitchen. Should I make some fruit salad as well?Hmm, better ask Mom. "Mom, should I make some fruit salad? Oh, and get some blankets and pillows from the game room."

"Yeah, make some! Mostly melon, with a lot of honey." I nodded, walking to the refrigerator, taking out the melon and started peeling the skin off of it. My mom's favorite fruit is melon, and well, melon with honey is just delicious, I must admit.

Humming softly to myself, I poured some honey on the fruit salad. My mouth got all watery from just staring at it. Walking back to the cupboard, I took out two popcorn bags and left them on the center table. One bag of popcorn for caramel, and the other for spice. I just love spicy stuff.

I felt my phone vibrate on my shorts's back pocket. Letting out a groan, I reached for it and put it on the counter. My phone played, 'Backstabber,' by the Dresden Dolls. I started singing along with it, already knowing who was calling.

"Backstabber! Hope grabber!

Greedy little fit haver!

God, I feel for you, fool.

Shit lover! Off-brusher!

Jaded bitter joy crusher!

Failure has made you so cruel."