Chapter 1 - The New Cocky Nathan-

Chapter 1

"Aly." I felt someone poke my side. Groaning, I covered my head with my covers.

"Aly. Oh, Aly. Guess what I brought you. Oh, Aly," my best friend, Nathan, huskily said in a sing-songy tone.

How'd he get in here?

I quickly sat up on my bed with wide eyes. Furrowing my eyebrows, I noticed my hair a mess, like always. I turned to him quickly, causing my neck to crack audibly.

Nathan gasped, horrified at my morning look. I don't blame him; I look like a zombie right now.

"What. Do. You. Want," I emphasize every word slowly, almost like a groan. He shook his head and smiled, his straight, pearly whites showing. 

"School, baby." He grinned, standing up and ruffling my hair, messing it up a bit more.

"I already have your clothes as well." Nathan winked at me, smirking. He ran out of my bedroom, shutting the door behind him.

It took a moment for me to process all of this. He came to my house, my room, my closet, and chose my clothes.

OH DEAR LORD! HE WENT INTO MY CLOSET! "You freaking bastard! Come back here!" Tossing my covers off of me, I ran after him. "How dare you, you freaking perv! Come back here, Nay-Nay!" I sprinted down the stairs and heard him laugh.

I looked at both sides; left side, the living room, and right side, the kitchen. Peeking by the kitchen, I ran into the living room.

There he was, shining like a black star. He was wearing a tight, black shirt which hugged his chest securely, skinny jeans, and black vans.

Nathan was playing with my baby cousin, Emilia. My mood automatically softened at the sight of him holding her. He looks so cute, I thought, staring at him in awe.

"Good morning, Grumpy," He greeted, grinning at my direction. "I see you haven't taken a shower yet." He picked up Emilia and put her on his shoulders. My baby cousin started to giggle and smile while pulling his hair. Nathan groaned in pain, making me laugh as I leaned on the door corridor.

"Honey, I need to go. I have a meeting to attend. Can you take Emilia with you at school? I'll call the office and tell them you're taking her," My mom said from upstairs. I looked up towards the stairs, where her voice was coming from. Mom was wearing her meeting uniform, her hair flowing over her shoulders, with a shiny hair pin on her side bangs.

Mom walked down, and before I knew it, she was already next to me. "Dear Lord, Alicia!, Please take a shower and change!" She said looking up and down at my appearance. I groaned. It's all Nay-Nay's fault.

"Don't worry, Mrs. Summer. I'll take care of Emilia while Aly takes her time changing," Nathan replied, smiling brightly at my mom.

"I know you will Nathan." My mom nodded, agreeing with my idiotic friend.

It's funny how my mom trusts Nathan more than me. I mean, I'm her daughter! He's nothing to us. Well, other than a really close friend.

He's like the brother I never had; so protective, sweet, a meanie, fun, and many more.

So I guess I know why my mom trusts him more than me. To her, he's the son she never had.

I'm more free; I'm not really responsible. I don't even have the keys of my own house, while Nathan does! My mom feels more safe that he has them. She thinks I'm going to lose them, or something. As if.

Someone snapped their fingers in front of my face, taking me out of my thoughts. Gasping, I take a step back in surprise.

"Pay more attention, girl," my mom scolded, rolling her eyes, showing a small smile. She headed towards the front door and left in a blink of an eye.