Chapter 8

Lotus Flower,

It'd been exactly two months, two weeks, and four days, since April tenth. April tenth was the last time I heard from you. Remember when you send me that message on Facebook saying, "I missed you." 

Yeah, well, I haven't heard from you since then.In that time, nothing really exciting happened. The most shocking thing that happened was Adrian and Selena breaking up. I know, you're probably thinking, "What? Why?"

Well, to tell you the truth, I'm not sure what exactly happened between them. One day I came home, and went on Facebook and I saw, "Adrian Rider is single" in my news feed. Of course, I asked Adrian about this, but all he said was, "she broke up with me."

At first, I was a little shock that she did. I mean really? She liked him, and she just breaks up with him for no reason? Oh yeah and get this, not even a month later she's going out with another guy.

How would I know this? Because I'm friends with her on Facebook as well and her status changed from 'single' to 'in a relationship'.

Adrian never really said anything about her after the breakup, but I knew he was hurting. I mean, could you blame him? The girl he liked dumped him and totally moved on to another guy. Let's just say if I ever meet this girl, the words coming out of my mouth won't be pretty.

Anyways, I didn't really think anything more shocking would happen to me anytime soon, but I was wrong.

It started out just like any other day. Since it was summer and I was out of school, I really had nothing to do. So I woke up, took a shower, got dressed, ate, and went on Facebook.Yeah, I know, I had no life. After my laptop loaded, I clicked on Google Chrome. Seeing Google, I clicked on one of the tabs, going on Facebook.

Typing in my email and password, I waited for it to load. After a few minutes, my news feed popped up. After clicking 'like' and commenting on some of my friend's post, I checked my notification. I was about to get to the end, when I saw your name.

It said you posted on my wall.I literary shouted "Yes!" when I saw that. It was a good thing no one heard that, since I was locked safely in my room.

Anyways, back to your post.After squeaking, and dancing with joy, I clicked on the notification. Bringing me over to my profile, I waited for it to load.Seeing your face put a smile on my face. It was an old photo of you, one that I already saw, but seeing your smile never gets old.

Snapping away from your profile picture, I started to read;

"If there was a beautiful star, that would be you,

If a star would fall from the sky, I choose you,

I will catch that star no matter how high, or how far,

I don't even mind if I come out with millions of scars.

You can fall from the sky,

You can fall from a tree,

But the best to fall is,

Fall in love with me^^"

Violet, will you be my girlfriend?

At first, I just stared at the screen. I blinked my eyes a few times, thinking I read that wrong. After closing my eyes and counting to ten, I opened them again. The poem was still there, and it wasn't going away.In exactly ten seconds, I felt the familiar heat rising up my neck, to my cheeks. I knew my face was bright red, and I knew I was still frozen in shock.

I mean, you, Noah, my crush, just asked me out? Me? Violet?

Are you sure you got the right girl?

I mean . . . this couldn't be real, right?

But no matter what I did, I wasn't waking up, and the message wasn't disappearing.

Ten minutes later, I finally concluded the message was real, and I wasn't dreaming. So with shaking hands, I began to reply.

"That was really sweet of you :) But, can I please think about this?"

Yeah I know, why would I need to think about this? I liked you, you liked me, why not just agree? Well, there are lots of reasons. For starters, we haven't exactly met in person yet. Even though I liked you, I wanted to be smart too.

I didn't think you would reply back so fast, since you weren't exactly back yet, but you proved me wrong, when seconds later I got a message from you.

"Glad you liked it sweetheart ;) And okay, when can I know your answer?"

"Tomorrow."

"Okay, I'll be waiting :)"

"Um . . . and Noah?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you back for good?"

"Yeah, yes I am^^"

And that, Noah, was the day you asked me out and the day you came back. From then on, my life changed forever.

Love,

~Violet