Chapter 5

I woke slowly the next morning on the floor, which was normal for me. Brian was spread out on my bed with one leg dangling off and a shoe in his hand. Apparently we were absolute exhausted last night but I could barely remember because it got so late. I remembered the conversation we had in the bathroom and started smiling uncontrollably, desperate to wake Brian up but I didn't want to annoy him.

I wanted to do something nice for Brian, but I had no idea what. Maybe I'd show stuff I'd written on my bass and we could write something together. I'd seen some of the poems he had written and they were astonishing. I was amazed at his vocabulary and his talent when it came to putting these words and sentences together. I guess if you can write poems, you can write music. This was kind of exciting to think we could write a song. I was too scared to ask at that point, but I would play my bass every time he wrote poetry but he never got the hint.

Brian breathed out loudly as he stretched and dropped the shoe out of his hand. He was still in his pants but I think he took his shirt off in the night. I don't even remember changing into my t shirt but oh well. I looked over and saw him flexing his arms above his head and ugh. He wasn't particularly muscular...well, he wasn't muscular at all, but still, let's just say I tried as hard as possible not to stare right at him.

"Hey." Brian mumbled with a feint smile. I smiled back and asked if he wanted breakfast. I told him to wait there and I'd make him something.

This was the one time I could kind of impress him and make him something he liked. I knew he loved grilled cheese sandwiches so I thought I would try that. I got the ingredients and started to make the food, still half-asleep.

I put on a little bit of eyeliner from my mum's makeup bag and got the plate to take up to Brian. I walked slowly up the stairs so I wouldn't drop his food, and opened the door.

Oh. My. God.