Chapter Seven: The Art Of Depression

Now don't you dare think I'm trying to make depression 'cute' or 'romantic' the title just fits.

So long and goodnight.....

-macabre-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Some people see depression as a chemical malfunction in the brain that is simply fixed with medication and a little therapy. In Olivia's experience it has never worked and so she was skeptical when she noticed it was the hospitals same routine. Olivia knew depression was much more than a mind trick.

  To Olivia depression was a dancer. Spinning through her head, leaping into her happy memories, and elegantly ruining her life. All at  the same time keeping a poker face, which is harder for most to understand. Depression creates almost a mask of fake smiles. Olivia had now worn that mask for a year and that mask was starting to chip and show her true unhappiness.

 Even with Jinx's lessons and to happy nurses she was always in a fit of sorrow. It was destined seemed that Olivia was destined to live a depressed life. The day Olivia realized it was the day her mind cheered.

I can't be happy.

 Olivia stood up from her white be and walked to her colorful wardrobe.

I'm not happy why should I dress it.

She tore down the bright T-shirts and Kawwi hoodies, and yelled at the air.

"I'M NOT HAPPY! SORRY ."

With that Olivia changed in her new grey wardrobe and dropped her mask for the fist time in a year.

Acting is a child game. Facing depression is the adult version.